Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

13 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Unless Im mistaken, this case was only about the Colorado's Civil Rights Commission's violation of the Baker's rights. I dont think the ruling really stated anything about his right to refuse service. Dude still had to pay a fine for a separate instance of discrimination in 2021. 

Yeah that's basically accurate. They (Colorado) ordered him to comply (to bake the cake) and the Supreme Court said they violated his rights with making that order, which indirectly upholds that he was within his rights to refuse service based on his religious beliefs.

State laws I believe have changed since that time, and so have federal ones (the briefing mentions that at the time gay marriage was not legalized federally and wasn't recognized in Colorado).

EDIT: Either way, I see no way this law in Florida will stand up in court. But hey, SCOTUS just let a blatantly unconstitutional one stand in Texas, so idk.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

19 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else is dealing with this and what they are doing to help with the serve cough and sinus pressure.

Sorry to hear this. Only suggestion I can give you is to load up on Vitamins B, C, D and Zinc, take lots of Mucinex (or any other expectorant) and invest in a steamer to steam our the congestion. 

Good luck, the first dose you got should help out a lot - hope you get better soon!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Sorry to hear this. Only suggestion I can give you is to load up on Vitamins B, C, D and Zinc, take lots of Mucinex (or any other expectorant) and invest in a steamer to steam our the congestion. 

Good luck, the first dose you got should help out a lot - hope you get better soon!

Appreciate it.  You're the 3rd person to mention Mucinex, ER Doctor and one of the nurses that administrated the infusion.  

I'm starting it this evening and will keep you guys updated on my progress.

I'm hopeful that this Regeneron infusion gives me some relief in the morning.

• Like 4

Just now, ny92mike said:

Appreciate it.  You're the 3rd person to mention Mucinex, ER Doctor and one of the nurses that administrated the infusion.  

I'm starting it this evening and will keep you guys updated on my progress.

I'm hopeful that this Regeneron infusion gives me some relief in the morning.

Can you elevate a little while you sleep? Let gravity help get some drainage going.

Also, if you put a pot of boiling water on, drape a towel over the back of your head, and lean over to breathe that in that can help too.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Can you elevate a little while you sleep? Let gravity help get some drainage going.

Also, if you put a pot of boiling water on, drape a towel over the back of your head, and lean over to breathe that in that can help too.

Alternatively: Get a chipotle burrito with the hot salsa delivered to you. That shizz will clear your sinuses SO FAST.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If he took a prescribed version of it that was properly dosed by an actual medical doctor, then nobody here is going to complain.

Well, you’re in the minority then. Because the media has led many to believe it’s a horrible drug, is never prescribed to covid, and you would never even know there is a human prescribed version. All the media ever says is Ivermectin is bad and idiots are using it. They do not go into detail what so ever about animal version and human version, and that some doctors in this country do actually prescribe it for covid. The media has been very misleading. 

Edited by BayRaider

17 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah that's basically accurate. They (Colorado) ordered him to comply (to bake the cake) and the Supreme Court said they violated his rights with making that order, which indirectly upholds that he was within his rights to refuse service based on his religious beliefs.

State laws I believe have changed since that time, and so have federal ones (the briefing mentions that at the time gay marriage was not legalized federally and wasn't recognized in Colorado).

EDIT: Either way, I see no way this law in Florida will stand up in court. But hey, SCOTUS just let a blatantly unconstitutional one stand in Texas, so idk.

Reading the Opinion of the Court and Syllabus, it seems the crux isnt with the order to comply, but with the process taken by the Commission. The Free Exercise clause is brought up, and how law must be applied "neutral" in regards to religion. And through the Commissions actions, they were found to be hostile and demeaning of his beliefs, and inconsistent in their rulings, and therefore in violation of his 1st Amendment rights. Seems like an incredibly narrow ruling and they kick the can down the road as far as refusing service based on beliefs. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Well, you’re in the minority then. Because the media has led many to believe it’s a horrible drug, is never prescribed to covid, and you would never even know there is a human prescribed version. All the media ever says is Ivermectin is bad and idiots are using it. They do not go into detail what so ever about animal version and human version, and that some doctors in this country do actually prescribe it for covid. The media has been very misleading. 

The human prescribed version is not approved/recommended for COVID treatment, which is why it's still not recommended that people ask for it or take it directly.

Granted, I don't watch the news, I don't read media outlets like CNN/Fox News/MSNBC so I have literally no idea what they are saying here and what they're not saying.

But in terms of the general picture, yeah, Ivermectin is bad and idiots are using it lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah...I recently had cervical fusion so I've been sleeping in the recliner.  

I've done the boiling water trick and that does seem to help even if for just a short time.  Helps with the sinus pressure for sure.

Since getting the antibody infusion I've noticed my cough is more broken, as if it's trying to clear out.  Nurse said that I should start showing signs of improvement by tomorrow.

What amazed me with this, is how long it has stuck around.  It's been 8 days since I fist showed signs of being sick.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Well I have covid.  

Symptoms started last week Wed.  Starting with post nasal drip for the first few days, followed by severe sinus pressure which caused headaches, ear ache (oddly just the right ear) which lasted about 2 days.  It then hit the throat with a nasty cough and laryngitis.  Ended up going to the ER a few nights ago due to labored breathing.  They gave me a steroid injection and prescribed antibiotics and a dose pack.  I can finally talk and my breathing is much better.  This morning I received antibody infusion - Regeneron.  Which seems to be helping.

Prior to getting covid I had received the first pfizer vaccine injection about a week prior, but due to the antibody infusion I have to wait 9 weeks before getting the second injection.  

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else is dealing with this and what they are doing to help with the serve cough and sinus pressure.

I am fully vaccinated, got covid a month ago, and the cough still ******* sucks. And the rib pain is even worse. Good luck. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The human prescribed version is not approved/recommended for COVID treatment, which is why it's still not recommended that people ask for it or take it directly.

Granted, I don't watch the news, I don't read media outlets like CNN/Fox News/MSNBC so I have literally no idea what they are saying here and what they're not saying.

But in terms of the general picture, yeah, Ivermectin is bad and idiots are using it lol

And somehow despite this media coverup of the facts, we all seem to be aware they’re using sheep drench and horse paste and doing this in their kitchens.

• Like 2