Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

52 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's been like 6 months...when am I supposed to get magnetic powers or 5G in my head from the vaccine? 

I feel like I was lied to. 

The 5G isn't for you. It's the remote connection to the mind control device. If you knew it was there, you may try to resist the voices.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Forge said:

It's been like 6 months...when am I supposed to get magnetic powers or 5G in my head from the vaccine? 

I feel like I was lied to. 

We can always make a TikTok and get others to believe you have these powers...

That's as good as the truth to a lot of people.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Update on recovery.

Received the antibody infusion (Regeneron) yesterday morning.  Yesterday evening, the congestion in my chest started breaking up more, good news but it wasn't moving out.

Got a solid nights sleep and this morning, most of the sinus pressure has dissipated.  Only thing lingering currently is the congestion.  However, when I get to coughing it does seem to be getting rid of it.  

So tired of dealing with this.  Going on day 10 now. 

Here's something that was recommended to me by a doctor friend of mine:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YVHV66/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_0MAXNF57NS7N4TTWSW0V?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Specific brand notwithstanding, a saline solution can further help in clearing out the congestion. This and Airborne/Emergen-C could really help out in recovery.

Good to hear the Regeneron is working for you - you got this!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mission27 said:

I agree, there are a lot of nonsensical politically motivated anti-vaccine and pro therapeutic takes and stuff like Ivermectin or Chloroquine are absolutely BS

But there are also differences in world views that have led to some embracing therapeutics from day 1 more so than vaccines 

• Zero COVID crowd wants to reduce transmission to as low as possible at almost any cost, including lockdowns, NPIs
  • Return to normal people believe its inevitable that we'll all get COVID and we should focus on building population immunity while saving the people who do get sick and preventing hospitals from collapsing 

For the record: the vaccine is far and away the best tool we have available at this time to accomplish EITHER of those goals and too many people in the second group ignore that while peddling snake oil

But I get why people are obsessed with finding treatments 

Not sure how anyone could support anymore lockdowns or tier systems. It was hard enough paying bills on EDD even with the extra, and would be impossible without any extra. 

• Like 1

My new favorite policy, is offering anyone who hasn't been vaccinated yet, $100 to do it.  With no other meaningful measures, vaccine passports, or anything.  Just as a standalone measure.

I think it might strike the perfect balance of upsetting absolutely everyone, on pretty much every single side of this whole issue.  While benefitting absolutely nobody.

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

My new favorite policy, is offering anyone who hasn't been vaccinated yet, $100 to do it.  With no other meaningful measures, vaccine passports, or anything.  Just as a standalone measure.

I think it might strike the perfect balance of upsetting absolutely everyone, on pretty much every single side of this whole issue.  While benefitting absolutely nobody.

We pretty much already did that. We also offered free beer but that wasn't enough either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We pretty much already did that. We also offered free beer but that wasn't enough either.

All those incentives were worth a try. I’m actually sad that it didn’t work because now we have to have mandates, vaccine passports, and every form of prodding necessary to spur people along. But it is what it is. And the unvaccinated have to reap what they sow.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

Here's a therapeutic tracker - scroll down and you'll see 83 different treatments being studied.

https://www.raps.org/news-and-articles/news-articles/2020/3/covid-19-therapeutics-tracker

Some are approved meds that are being tried for COVID, others are novel drugs. Unfortunately, most of these won't work... anti-virals are a tricky one for sure. As noted by others, its likely not going to be a mono-therapy, most of the successful meds are a combination of several drugs and that takes time to study to get the right ratio for each of the demographics.

Many anti-virals are dosed for a longer period of time, which exacerbates all of the side-effect rhetoric. The vaccines are a single dose that's cleared in a matter of hours. Antivirals are likely to be a daily dose for a period of weeks/months/rest of your life. HIV patients dose a cocktail of meds to keep it at bay.

There are now and will be more acute interventions for people in hospital, but the concept of managing symptoms or curing COVID is even more challenging and time consuming to develop than a single dose vaccine.

Its going to take some time to find one, test one, mfg and distribute a novel therapeutic.

• Like 3

Recovery Update:  

I find it amazing how long that these symptoms are sticking around, primarily the chest congestion.  I'm sure a large part of that is because, YES...I'm a dirty smoker.  

Another symptom I've noticed of recent is the cloudy head feeling.  I presume it's because of all the meds from cough syrup to Mucinex as well as just dealing with mild sinus pressure.  My throat is just wrecked I haven't sounded like myself for a solid week now.

All in all today feels much like yesterday.  Coughing, chest congestion, mild sinus pressure and no taste.  

• Like 3