Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

A breakdown of the NFL Covid rules this season:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/05/super-bowl-lvi-prediction-nfl-picks-fmia-peter-king/

For The Record: Covid Rules

Here are the most important Covid rules you need to know for the season, with approximately 93 percent of NFL players fully vaccinated:

• Unvaccinated players who test positive for Covid are out and away from the team for 10 days. No exception.

• Unvaccinated players who are deemed close contacts with Covid-positive people are out and away from the team for five days. No exceptions.

• All vaccinated players will be tested every seven days, and once more per week if they choose. Weekly testing for the vaccinated will occur on either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday and will include all coaches and team officials who have close contacts with players.

• Vaccinated players who test positive can rejoin the team, if asymptomatic, by testing negative twice in tests separated by 24 hours. (Example: Vaxxed player tests positive. Goes home. No feeling any symptoms. Will test each day. The first time he has two consecutive negative tests, he’s allowed back as a full participant in team activities and games.) These players must get the approval of both chief medical officer Allen Sills and the team’s infection control officer.

• Vaccinated players who are deemed close contacts with Covid-positive people are not pulled out of team activities. They will be subject to daily testing and can remain as full participants in team activities and games.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get multiple recruiter emails per week for jobs paying 5k a week or more a couple as high as 10-20k a week. One of my friends is working one now for 3k per week (3 twelve hours shifts).

My wife, also an RN, applied for a prn job (basically you work when you want, with a 1-2 shift per month minimum, no benefits or anything) this morning.  She got a replay an hour later… on LABOR DAY and an interview on Wednesday (but only because she’s working tomorrow).

Yep, RN's are so in-demand, that a hospital cutting their pay is beyond laughable. 

My fiancee is an RN, makes like 140K in California doing one full time job and one per diem job, and has jobs after her every week without her even applying. It's just like Software Engineers, the demand is literally nuts. Travel Nursing has also blown up during COVID, most agencies offer like 4K a week in California. Travel Nursing is also highly in demand. 

• Like 3

So I was sitting next to a co-worker all day yesterday who was coughing. 6 hours into the shift he says his girlfriend’s covid test came in positive and gets sent home. The fact this dude came to work coughing and girlfriend had a pending covid test makes me pretty salty. 

We were both wearing N95’s so I still think there’s a decent chance I won’t get it. Gave myself the most deep clean shower ever when I got home as well. 

Get my second dose tomorrow. My luck would certainly get covid between doses…

Thankfully my job has probably around a 90% vaccination rate which is pretty decent. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So I was sitting next to a co-worker all day yesterday who was coughing. 6 hours into the shift he says his girlfriend’s covid test came in positive and gets sent home. The fact this dude came to work coughing and girlfriend had a pending covid test makes me pretty salty. 

We were both wearing N95’s so I still think there’s a decent chance I won’t get it. Gave myself the most deep clean shower ever when I got home as well. 

Thankfully my job has probably around a 90% vaccination rate which is pretty decent. 

I hope you’re good also. But yeah, you have every right to be salty at your coworker for being there. Hopefully he was vaccinated also.

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

I hope you’re good also. But yeah, you have every right to be salty at your coworker for being there. Hopefully he was vaccinated also.

99% sure he was not, because I have brought up the vaccine around him before, like general stuff, and he stays dead quiet. Most people will just say they got the shot if anything about the vaccine is mentioned, just psychology. 

23 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

99% sure he was not, because I have brought up the vaccine around him before, like general stuff, and he stays dead quiet. Most people will just say they got the shot if anything about the vaccine is mentioned, just psychology. 

Yeah….screw your coworker then. I hope he gets fired, or at least realizes the importance of being vaccinated now. What he did was extremely inconsiderate.

Edited by Xenos

5 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Yeah….screw your coworker then. I hope he gets fired, or at least realizes the importance of being vaccinated now. What he did was extremely inconsiderate.

Eh, least he was wearing a good mask I guess. And he never has it below the nose. Most there wear surgical. 

I don’t wish a firing on him. He is a good guy. Dumb/lack of common sense and bad are two different things entirely. I don’t think he really thought the situation in depth. 

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

N95s are no joke. If they were fitted properly- I wouldn't worry.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Eh, least he was wearing a good mask I guess. And he never has it below the nose. Most there wear surgical. 

I don’t wish a firing on him. He is a good guy. Dumb/lack of common sense and bad are two different things entirely. I don’t think he really thought the situation in depth. 

That’s really careless though.  Is your job good about people missing time or is there a “work through anything that doesn’t kill you” culture?

• Like 1

One crappy consequence of this pandemic is every time I feel a little under the weather, for whatever reason, I get nervous that it is COVID. I wasn't feeling great yesterday and was nervous I may have contracted it or something. Turns out being dehydrated, overall exhausted, having a massive caffeine headache, and forgetting to take your allergy medication for 2 days results in you not feeling your best. Who knew??

Feeling fine today once I actually took care of myself, obviously.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

To help put your mind at ease: it takes about 7-11 days to develop an antibody response and in the Pfizer/Moderna trials people stopped getting sick right about then after the first dose.

You're probably already protected, and had you waited a few days longer this wouldn't be the same type of conversation, so nice timing.

• Like 1