Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

33 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I need to MN to do that, then I would get up there, so glad that BMI is so inconsistent in terms of actually determining health.

I'm not commenting on any one person's health overall health just based on weight, but statistically BMI is predictive:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29490333/#:~:text=Higher BMI had the strongest,in younger and older adults.

Results: Of the 190 672 in-person examinations included in this study, the mean (SD) age was 46.0 (15.0) years for men and 58.7 (12.9) years for women, and 140 835 patients (73.9%) were female. Compared with individuals with a normal BMI (defined as a BMI of 18.5 to 24.9), lifetime risks for incident CVD were higher in middle-aged adults in the overweight and obese groups. Compared with normal weight, among middle-aged men and women, competing hazard ratios for incident CVD were 1.21 (95% CI, 1.14-1.28) and 1.32 (95% CI, 1.24-1.40), respectively, for overweight (BMI, 25.0-29.9), 1.67 (95% CI, 1.55-1.79) and 1.85 (95% CI, 1.72-1.99) for obesity (BMI, 30.0-39.9), and 3.14 (95% CI, 2.48-3.97) and 2.53 (95% CI, 2.20-2.91) for morbid obesity (BMI, ≥40.0).

Just want to clarify because there's this fad going around where people dismiss it entirely. If someone's doctor says they're good, okay. But America's average BMI being over 30 is going to result in health problems down the line.

20 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Definitely down for any expedite. Although I havent gotten my tax return yet and I imagine this will delay it further...

Do you still fall under the new threshold with your 2019 taxes? Or do you need to do your 2020 taxes? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/when-are-the-stimulus-checks-coming-and-who-will-get-one-11615216538

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

Do you still fall under the new threshold with your 2019 taxes? Or do you need to do your 2020 taxes? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/when-are-the-stimulus-checks-coming-and-who-will-get-one-11615216538

oh I have done my 2020 taxes. My comment was more that it falls on the IRS to distribute the stimmies taking up their time to send me my tax return. 

26 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

oh I have done my 2020 taxes. My comment was more that it falls on the IRS to distribute the stimmies taking up their time to send me my tax return. 

With any luck, they’ll just send you everything at once if you have direct deposit.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The select medical conditions include obesity and being overweight. That should cover the entire state tbh. 

Bro, 5'10" 180 lbs people are eligible based on that being above 25% BMI. Yeah, most of Wisconsin is DEFINITELY gonna be eligible on March 29th lol.

Well, now Biden is saying May 1st will be the lastest day states can open the vaccines up to every adult with a hope to bring the nation closer to normal by the 4th of July. Obviously it's only a guideline, but seems logical states should be opening up to everyone sometime in April. Perhaps sooner for smaller states.

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

We might be able to have out door barbecues with a few friends and families members 2 months after everyone is eligible for the vaccine? How do they get away with setting such lofty goals?

Better to under promise and over deliver than the other way around.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Pfizer Round 2 tomorrow at 9:10 AM EST. My wife has already cleared our schedule Friday/Saturday anticipating a majorly negative reaction in light of my positive test back in October. Here's hoping that 2 weeks from now it will all have been worth it.

Strange. I heard you have less reactions if you already had Covid. Joys of having preexisting antibodies.

15 hours ago, TVScout said:

latest.svg?v=1615470375.074202

This and apparently South African one are more severe than previous others. South African virus origin does seemingly give you immunity against some of the previously originated ones. Do not know whether that’s a statement to its power or simply matter of science. Allegedly that particular South African virus origin produces stronger antibodies in some people who were infected with that strain. However there are still not any published articles to my own knowledge that have mentioned about the average immunity time length based on strains after being infected and requires monthly testing for presence of those individual viral antibodies. Article that mentions about immunity time against future infection by strains after previously being infected from any strain might be longer than vaccination. Not guaranteed the vaccine means long definite future immunity against any strains of this virus.

7 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

We might be able to have out door barbecues with a few friends and families members 2 months after everyone is eligible for the vaccine? How do they get away with setting such lofty goals?

Similar to promising a 100M vaccines in a 100 days. It was obvious to anyone who had some knowledge in the distribution and administering of the vaccines that we were going to smash that goal. That doesn't mean this 4th of July will be pre pandemic normal, but most anyone who wants to be vaccinated will have been vaccinated by then, so it's going to be drastically different than last year. It's all politics, my dude. 

Edited by WizeGuy