Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

how long should you wait to workout after the second shot (Pfizer)? It's been 21 hours for me, I took Thursday/Friday off from work but I feel okay right now. my arm just a little sore

Can’t answer this one. But if you feel good, maybe it’s okay as long as you stay hydrated and do something that doesn’t affect your arm.

27 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

:) 

I always enjoy dialoging, whether people agree with me or not (reciprocal), and healthy dialogue helps a lot of things. I'm not an expert by any means, and I admittedly have a different perspective than many due to my career as a teacher/coach, and I found out about 10 days ago that I had another former student (19) decide to take his own life. That makes 3 students or former students in the adolescent range in under 11 months.

How do we weigh human life and how do we start looking at the law of unintended consequences during this awful period of the last 13+ months? I don't have all the answers, but I think that we are definitely approaching that mark. We are failing our adolescents and need to reflect and learn as a society.

JMHO

I think the pandemic has only highlighted our societal failings like mental health and suicide even more. Even as things go to normal, I hope that more money is used to address these problems because I fear they will be forgotten again.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

how long should you wait to workout after the second shot (Pfizer)? It's been 21 hours for me, I took Thursday/Friday off from work but I feel okay right now. my arm just a little sore

I was told by a nurse to do push-ups every now and then after getting mine so take that FWIW lol. 

I would probably wait a day or two but you do you. 

• Like 1

Just read an interesting AMA on Reddit with a Virologist, and he made a decent point. He basically said he'd recommend a mask mandate until all those 12 and up are immunized, which he estimated would be around August. I'd assume he didn't mean every 12 year old, but rather when a good portion of them were vaccinated. 

Not an outlandish take, but I have believe people will sway governors to drop the mandates. Still, if a virologist is saying we should have masks gone by August, then that is a great sign as they are normally a bit more conservative with their timelines. This was only one expert, though. 

He also believes the T-cells will protect against all the active variants, but thinks that sterilizing immunity will fade. Basically, he said that many of these studies they're doing to see if the vaccines are effective at preventing the disease are done so soon after vaccination that it's giving us the prime time of antibody response. Hopefully I didn't interpret what he said wrong!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Just read an interesting AMA on Reddit with a Virologist, and he made a decent point. He basically said he'd recommend a mask mandate until all those 12 and up are immunized, which he estimated would be around August. I'd assume he didn't mean every 12 year old, but rather when a good portion of them were vaccinated. 

Not an outlandish take, but I have believe people will sway governors to drop the mandates. Still, if a virologist is saying we should have masks gone by August, then that is a great sign as they are normally a bit more conservative with their timelines. This was only one expert, though. 

He also believes the T-cells will protect against all the active variants, but thinks that sterilizing immunity will fade. Basically, he said that many of these studies they're doing to see if the vaccines are effective at preventing the disease are done so soon after vaccination that it's giving us the prime time of antibody response. Hopefully I didn't interpret what he said wrong!

Honestly, I will probably still wear one grocery shopping and the like for awhile 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Honestly, I will probably still wear one grocery shopping and the like for awhile 

Oh yeah, everyone is going to go at their own pace once the mandates are dropped (and businesses stop requiring them). I also think we'll see more people wear them during flu season. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I’ll probably do that too just to be safe. But yeah, I expect I’ll be one of the few weirdos left doing so. There’s no willpower to wait longer than June as others have mentioned already.

55 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Oh yeah, everyone is going to go at their own pace once the mandates are dropped (and businesses stop requiring them). I also think we'll see more people wear them during flu season. 

Did you read about the downside of having barely any flu cases? Basically they don’t know if they have enough data to make a flu vaccine this upcoming year lol. It’s always something.

• Like 1

Looking at the end of April, but won’t be in time for the A’s game I’m going to on the 17th. Just gonna sanitize my hands constantly and not eat there lol. They are doing a pretty good job with the social distancing though if you look at the games. Like 6 rows separation, and around 4 people per row. 

7 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Dose 1 of moderna has entered my body

Getting the SinoPharm round 1 next week. School is paying for it so that's cool. Was going to wait to see if the US Embassy or AmCham would provide the Pfizer or Moderna but there's been zero word on that front so just going with the Chinese one.

• Like 1