Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This post is so totally false I can’t even begin. 

To your first part, are you a Doctor…? No, you’re not. Many Medical Doctors have indeed prescribed that drug with success, even if it is not proven through trials which takes years. In a pandemic, the goal is to save a patients life, and if nothing is working and symptoms progress, you must take action. Ivermectin may not work on some people, or even most people, but the fact is we don’t know without enough data. However, some Doctors are clearly seeing results all over the nation otherwise they wouldn’t be prescribing it. If there is a trial and it is successful, many will feel dumb in this thread in a few years. And don’t even say “that’s fine, let there be a trial”, during a pandemic, you do what you have to do. 

Also your second part is totally 100% bogus. Is this what you really think of people? Do you think anyone who hasn’t gotten the vaccine is “Anti-Vax”? You have been totally brainwashed by the media. Vaccine hesitancy is not the same as Anti-Vaxx, not even close. There is no long term data on this specific vaccine, or long term data on this technology on humans in general (at least in mass quantities). We’ve had this discussion before where a ton of people who haven’t taken the vaccine are just hesitant because there is no long term data and there was no approval (one of those has fortunately been solved, and we are seeing a pretty decent vaccination bump). Being cautious and hesitant with this record-time vaccine is not “Anti-Vaxx”. Anti-Vaxx means you are against vaccines in general and would never touch any of them, regardless of data. That is such a minority group of people. True Anti Vaxxers are beyond rare, and are nuts. 

There is nothing wrong with people wanting more data. Personally I believe everyone should get vaxxed at this point, but I still 100% respect anyone’s decision not to, and it absolutely 100% does NOT mean they are “Anti-Vaxx”. 

billy madison idiot GIF

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Then you are clearly ignorant. Once again, no long term data. Most vaccines go through a decade of trials to hammer out possible long term side effects. Also, you are acting like there has never been vaccine recalls, check your history. It is no where near as common as drug recalls which happens all the time, but they still happen. 

A person who has every vaccine in the book who is being cautious and patient with what he/she puts in their body is not “Anti Vaxx”. The news is trying to change the definition of Anti Vaxx entirely, which was always used against people who were against vaccines no matter what (not just hesitant, but against them completely). If you actually get out in the real world, most just want long term data but support vaccines and get vaccines in general. There was another very large group of people waiting for approval like I was and we are seeing a large vaccination bump because of it. 

i thought we were all supposed to be in favor of agreeing to disagree and holding hands or whatever. or is that only about things you like?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Being cautious and hesitant with this record-time vaccine

The vaccine was worked on and tested for literal years before the pandemic.

It was only when a pandemic made it necessary that the entire world streamlined it. 

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/how-did-we-develop-a-covid-19-vaccine-so-quickly#Funding-for-COVID-19-vaccine-research

https://www.biospace.com/article/a-timeline-of-covid-19-vaccine-development/

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/covid-coronavirus-vaccine-development-speed

Covid isn't a new thing. Covid-19 is the new one (it's called covid-19 because it was first recognized/known in 2019, not because there were 18 before it or whatever). But the years put into covid itself (the specific structure of the virus) have been known/researched for years. The world's top scientists all working together to basically come to an agreement with unlimited funding should surprise nobody.

Vaccines already protect against the following (this isn't a complete list):

• Smallpox
  • Measles
  • Polio
  • HPV
  • Tetanus
  • Whooping Cough
  • Mumps
  • Hep A
  • Hep B

And most of them were streamlined in a similar fashion.

And it'll happen with the next global pandemic that happens in 100 years. And there will, again, be folks that doubt it/spend every ounce of their existence denying its efficacy. And people will die. And we'll go on.

But it doesn't have to be like that.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How many “Don’t read on me” emblems did you see?  Be honest.

Actually none. Ironically, of about the 20 of them there, all/almost all were women, and that’s about the only common denominator.

• Like 1

Ah, the dads aren’t interested in things like school, I gotcha.

I can only imagine what it must be like when your wife has made up her mind and you’re so completely embarrassed that you can’t show up but you also won’t stand up to her either. Thankfully I don’t have to know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I can only imagine what it must be like when your wife has made up her mind and you’re so completely embarrassed that you can’t show up but you also won’t stand up to her either. Thankfully I don’t have to know.

“Seriously boss, I really need you to put me on the schedule for this evening.  You don’t even have to pay me, I just can’t go home.”

• Like 3

Interestingly enough, there was once a time when people believed witches had magical powers. Lots of them.  They even had evidence.  People died because of it.

I forget where I was going with this…

I think you were starting to tell us all how much women are evil and we don't need them. Maybe we should get rid of them.

Or, at the very least, put laws into being that control everything they do. Just to be sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Obviously, I’m talking about overall negativity and overall criticism. Some people breath for these things. And you can spot it a mile away when someone criticizes other people for liking something. Personally, you shouldn’t care. People should live their own lives and stop constantly criticizing others for liking something like it’s an acceptable behavior, it’s not and it’s a super-cringe personality trait. 

Are you intentionally missing the point? Listen to Joe Rogan if you want. Just don’t go around acting like “just talks” with discredited individuals are information worth spreading to literally anyone. A smidge of critical thinking and research before passing around stuff his guests say is not a lot to ask for.

But any time someone says this, out comes the Rogan bros to get really mad about people fact checking the garbage that’s being spread due to the popularity of his podcast. 

• Like 4