Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

21 hours ago, Xenos said:

So what’s your verdict on the executive order on private companies?

I think at least a reasonably compelling and legally cognizable argument exists for it.  But, it does not matter.  It is highly unlikely to be subject to a preliminary injunction because it does not clearly meet the criteria for one; in fact, there is a more compelling argument that it does not meet the criteria for a preliminary injunction.

Thus, the claims related to the order will go through a standard litigation process, which can be quite lengthy.  Therefore, every affected employer will be asking counsel what to do — and we will all give the same response because it would be malpractice not to: fail to comply at your own peril.  And, I imagine most are listening because they don’t care about upsetting the crazies when they can pass the buck.

But to address it on the merits, it’s not a simple binary inquiry.  The President is exercising authority legislatively-delegated to the executive branch in creating minimum standard of safe work environments for qualified employers.  The only limiting factors will be precedent and statutory definitions, and the Order seems crafted with those in mind.  A vaccine mandate is on the employers, rather than the individual employees, which is within precedent, and the referenced qualifying factors are directly from the legislative authorization.  So, ultimately, what the challenge will be is that the President is exceeding the legislatively-delegated authority, or contrary to the articulated purpose.  Good luck with that.

Edited by SwAg
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, SwAg said:

I think at least a reasonably compelling and legally cognizable argument exists for it.  But, it does not matter.  It is highly unlikely to be subject to a preliminary injunction because it does not clearly meet the criteria for one; in fact, there is a more compelling argument that it does not meet the criteria for a preliminary injunction.

Thus, the claims related to the order will go through a standard litigation process, which can be quite lengthy.  Therefore, every affected employer will be asking counsel what to do — and we will all give the same response because it would be malpractice not to: fail to comply at your own peril.  And, I imagine most are listening because they don’t care about upsetting the crazies when they can pass the buck.

But to address it on the merits, it’s not a simple binary inquiry.  The President is exercising authority legislatively-delegated to the executive branch in creating minimum standard of safe work environments for qualified employers.  The only limiting factors will be precedent and statutory definitions, and the Order seems crafted with those in mind.  A vaccine mandate is on the employers, rather than the individual employees, which is within precedent, and the referenced qualifying factors are directly from the legislative authorization.  So, ultimately, what the challenge will be is that the President is exceeding the legislatively-delegated authority, or contrary to the articulated purpose.  Good luck with that.

Thank U Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Well, it's not just Africa. There are variants from South America as well. Anywhere you have a large enough pool of unvaccinated people, you have a chance for variants.

To be honest, this is probably one of the few reasons I don't subscribe to the "well, if you want to roll the dice with your own life, so be it" school of thought. Their choices/inaction potentially threaten those of us who are trying to keep safe.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Had to leave work with the worst nose bleed I’ve ever had and first one in 10+ years. I’m not sure if it’s a vaccine side effect or not, but considering the timing I’d say it’s likely. I’m honestly not too worried about it and don’t think it’s worth a Doctor visit. What do you think @LETSGOBROWNIES ?

Anything else going on or just a nose bleed?

@BayRaider Unless you have a clotting issue, which you’d likely know about well before this, or hypertension, etc. it’s not a huge deal.

If you had sinus congestion a nosebleed is not uncommon while dealing with that or shortly after.  Grab some saline nasal spray from the pharmacy (not medicated stuff like Afrin), just some saline and go easy blowing your schnoz.

Pinch your nose and lean forward if it’s bleeding. It should stop in less than 10 minutes x 2.

Holler if something else pops up, but a nosebleed by itself is indicative of pretty much nothing concerning.

• Like 2

Just now, Woz said:

In theory, @BayRaider, if you wanted, you could report this in VAERS. @LETSGOBROWNIES, your thoughts? I suspect this is coincidental not causal, but that's kind of the point of VAERS: report everything to see if there is something there.

Personally the sinus congestion and the resulting nose dryness probably led to the bleeding. I didn’t think about it before he mentioned it. Probably not a vaccine symptom. 

I do think this weird sweating is a vaccine symptom though. I’m not even hot/warm and woke up with my shirt drenched, and was sweating my butt off at work, I am definitely not a sweater.