Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

13 hours ago, Xenos said:

I disagree about a kid pandemic being unavoidable. Everyone masking up and everyone eligible vaccinated could have prevented a lot of these infections, hospitalizations, and deaths.

Yeah it’s not unavoidable nor is it even tricky. 

If everyone got a free vaccine when they were eligible and wore a $2 mask when appropriate, we’re not even having this discussion tbh.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Divided by 3 companies, over 2-3 fiscal years.

So roughly $1B/year. (Assuming 100% vaccination, which - as we know - isn't really happening).

One of these companies makes that on their Male Enhancement pills... but yeah, they totes want to divert resources from that profit center into this... amiright?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

So roughly $1B/year. (Assuming 100% vaccination, which - as we know - isn't really happening).

One of these companies makes that on their Male Enhancement pills... but yeah, they totes want to divert resources from that profit center into this... amiright?

I don’t care what my wife told you, I don’t know **** about those pills!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

It’s crazy so many people still think this vaccine makes you infertile. I know so many couples that believe this and just recently a very famous artist spread this bs to her huge fanbase. 🤦

You really think Nicki Minaj would go out and spread lies on behalf of her cousin's friend? 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

You really think Nicki Minaj would go out and spread lies on behalf of her cousin's friend? 

I don’t know what she’s thinking I’m not in her head. All that tweet did was cast doubt on those still on the fence. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Blackstar12

18 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

To be fair, I've always been on the "People who listen to any celebrity for any reason are probably idiots" bandwagon for quite some time.

You know who I listen to? Experts in their field on basically any/all issue(s).

• Like 1

Speaking of experts, highlight of my pandemic handling:  I had a concerned citizen attempt to hijack a public meeting by grabbing the microphone and running away, jumping over seats to avoid detainment, until I showed him my transcripts to prove that I’m worth listening to since “not all lawyers get A’s.”

People just can’t be normal.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Speaking of experts, highlight of my pandemic handling:  I had a concerned citizen attempt to hijack a public meeting by grabbing the microphone and running away, jumping over seats to avoid detainment, until I showed him my transcripts to prove that I’m worth listening to since “not all lawyers get A’s.”

People just can’t be normal.

Counterpoint:

Are you certain this individual could read?

Some free stuff:

Health officials in Idaho said Tuesday that hospitals in parts of the state may soon get the green light to start rationing health care amid a sharp rise in covid-19 cases and lackluster coronavirus vaccination uptake, joining two other districts that activated crisis standards of care last week.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/09/15/covid-delta-variant-live-updates/

The pandemic hit another grim milestone: 1 in 500 Americans have died of covid-19.

‘Long covid’ study gets $470 million in funding. In February, NIH launched an initiative to define and study long covid symptoms.

Michigan hospital system will exempt employees with ‘natural immunity’ from vaccine requirement.

Studies have suggested the human body retains a robust immune response to the coronavirus after infection. A study published in the journal Science early this year found that about 90 percent of patients studied showed lingering, stable immunity at least eight months after infection. A smaller study published in June in the journal Nature showed that protection from the coronavirus could last as long as a year after prior infection.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Ironically, its the anti-vaxers that are making it more profitable. Herd immunity's free.

Pharma was all over this because there was government funding for a new vehicle system for vaccines, so it was more about expanding their market share of diseases they can cover.

And also you know, we like to go outside once in a while too. 

• Like 3