Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

57 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Counterpoint:

Are you certain this individual could read?

These antics followed his prepared statement, which I suppose could have just been him staring at a blank piece of paper, based on how well it was prepared.

55 minutes ago, SwAg said:

These antics followed his prepared statement, which I suppose could have just been him staring at a blank piece of paper, based on how well it was prepared.

It reminds me of one of my former students, who went on to be a highly successful trade kid (more should do this IMO). He used to come up to me and ask me on his paper "What does this say?", and I'd respond with "You wrote it, do you remember?"

1 hour ago, SwAg said:

In my head, I like to think he was looking at an upside down picture of soup.

Idaho’s rising hospitalization is apparently affecting Washington, the state next to them.

https://news.yahoo.com/crisis-problem-washington-grapples-idaho-181217761.html

At a time when Washington hospitals are delaying procedures and struggling with their own high caseloads, some leaders in the state see Idaho’s outsourcing of COVID patients as a troubling example of how the failure to aggressively confront the virus in one state can deepen a crisis in another.

On the Washington side of the border, residents must wear masks when gathering indoors, students who are exposed to COVID face quarantine requirements, and many workers are under vaccination orders. On the Idaho side, none of those precautions are in place.

“It’s ridiculous,” said Cassie Sauer, president of the Washington State Hospital Association. “If you have your health care system melting down, the idea that you would not immediately issue a mask mandate is just bizarre. They need to be doing everything they can possibly do.”