Religious exemptions to a vaccine mandate. Is that so? 😂

https://www.google.com/amp/s/katv.com/amp/news/local/conway-regional-ceo-says-covid-19-religious-exemption-isnt-an-attempt-to-shame-employees

Troup said most of the exemption requests they got were related to the use of fetal cells in developing the vaccine. In response to the large increase in religious requests, Conway Regional asked some employees to complete a "Religious Exemption Attestation for COVID-19 Vaccine." 

The form's purpose said it will help validate their understanding of the common use of fetal cells in the testing and development of medicines and other products. For example, Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, Aspirin, and Tums……………….

Troup said part of any religious exemption is that the employee sincerely holds the belief. By signing the form, the person affirms that “their sincerely held religious belief is consistent and true,” and they do not and will not take the other products listed either.

9 minutes ago, Xenos said:

A worker gave me a letter for a religious exemption for the nurse mandate in ME. Its... oh boy

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

A worker gave me a letter for a religious exemption for the nurse mandate in ME. Its... oh boy

Can you use the same exemption form as the Conway Regional Health System? Also ask this worker to get it signed by a religious leader? 😆 

Edited by Xenos

Up until about 5 years ago, I still played competitive adult baseball, and I played with other college aged kids. Yesterday I got word that one of my former teammates (who wasn't even 30) died of Covid and pneumonia. He was in a coma for 8 weeks. He left behind an 8 month old son and another on the way. Truly awful news.

Meanwhile, Columbus hospital ERs are currently diverting everyone away as they're beyond capacity. 

Just great news everywhere this morning.

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Up until about 5 years ago, I still played competitive adult baseball, and I played with other college aged kids. Yesterday I got word that one of my former teammates (who wasn't even 30) died of Covid and pneumonia. He was in a coma for 8 weeks. He left behind an 8 month old son and another on the way. Truly awful news.

Meanwhile, Columbus hospital ERs are currently diverting everyone away as they're beyond capacity. 

That's awful man. I'm sorry to hear that. 

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That's awful man. I'm sorry to hear that. 

Thanks man, appreciate it. He was a good dude. D2 and JUCO All American lefty pitcher (upper 80s) who was kind of "from the sticks", and used to pitch with a toothpick in his mouth at all times. One of my favorite "Boomer" stories:

I was playing RF (my catching days were behind me after college with knee issues, but I could still hit...insert "switch hitting catcher" jokes here, I've probably heard them all), and Boomer happened to hit a kid with a breaking ball on an 0-2 count, and the kid started cussing him out as though he did it on purpose, so Boomer proceeded to drop his glove, posture at the kid, gesture to "come at me" with his hands, strike out the next kid, and walk right past the guy on first base that he hit, running his mouth the entire time, all as we were all jogging off to the dugout after the top half of the inning...and I'm thinking to myself, "I'm going to get in a bench clearing brawl and have to back this guy (who was right btw) if it comes to that."

I think the other team (made mostly of 30something adults) saw our college aged roster (I was the "grizzled veteran" on the team) and didn't like their odds, so they folded.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I hear stories like this and my first thought is always - at this point - this did not need to happen. 

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I hear stories like this and my first thought is always - at this point - this did not need to happen. 

No doubt. I received no other information in regards to the context of anything else that happened/didn't happen.

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Yep. How many stories like this are we gonna have to read before people stop being morons and get vaccinated?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I’m sorry for your loss. 

Sadness continues.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8195873/idaho-rations-health-care-statewide/

Meanwhile the province of Alberta is in tough shape. This is what happens when you ignore a Canada wide statement from the experts to not remove restrictions. The smartest guy in the room knows better.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/covid-19-update-alberta-asks-provinces-for-health-resources-alberta-childrens-hospital-to-close-75-per-cent-of-operating-rooms-federal-election-polling-stations-not-checking-vaccine-stat

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-severe-outcomes-covid-vaccination-1.6178449

They are considering patient transfers from Alberta to Ontario. Our provinces that removed restrictions prematurely are in a bad way.

Edited by diehardlionfan