Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

So, I had another event that allots public opportunity for comment prior to enacting policy.  I thought it would not be too bad because I doubted too many yahoos would give up their Saturday evening to berate me in broken English.  And I was right, only about 50 people showed up.

After all the formalities, I reiterated the legal basis for a mask mandate, and explained that regulations under state and federal executive action carry the same authority as law passed by the legislature.

I came prepared with a newsletter I prepared to distribute that explained all of this, with sources to relevant authority, written in plain language so laypeople would understand.

First public comment of the night included a show of ripping up the newsletter, tossing the pieces in the air, and hurling at me, “how much has your Liberal Jew Overlord Soros put in your pocket to lie to us?!”

I cannot wait for next year when I can go somewhere else.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SwAg said:

So, I had another event that allots public opportunity for comment prior to enacting policy.  I thought it would not be too bad because I doubted too many yahoos would give up their Saturday evening to berate me in broken English.  And I was right, only about 50 people showed up.

After all the formalities, I reiterated the legal basis for a mask mandate, and explained that regulations under state and federal executive action carry the same authority as law passed by the legislature.

I came prepared with a newsletter I prepared to distribute that explained all of this, with sources to relevant authority, written in plain language so laypeople would understand.

First public comment of the night included a show of ripping up the newsletter, tossing the pieces in the air, and hurling at me, “how much has your Liberal Jew Overlord Soros put in your pocket to lie to us?!”

I cannot wait for next year when I can go somewhere else.

Dude after being “essential” during the pandemic while people sat on their ***** and got 600 extra a month in unemployment and I got minimum wage and doing delivery during no contact (basically code for no tip) having to constantly hear about masks be a symbol for people’s Facebook feed to get discussed to me repeatedly and got COVID at my job with no sick pay I’m trying to get out of this country.

I spent too much time in college to be living this embarrassingly. I’ve turned into a bitter hateful person about every single aspect of this country. I’ve avoided people I love because I don’t want to argue about why I’m poor anymore. I already got COVID at my job with no sick pay paying me dirt then my car crapped out I really do not care about the public good or these vaccine mandates and I really do not think the people running the show care about anything but their own profits.

Edited by Kirill
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

that's capitalism baby!

People try to tell me it’s global or whatever there’s no escape I’m like nah I’m pretty sure other countries give poor people healthcare and have better wages and don’t print out trillions of tax dollars to the chagrin of corporate shareholders whenever their citizenry is at their most vulnerable. And they don’t spend half of your federal tax money on the military. Oh and they give all of their workers paid time off! Like literally all of the other countries that aren’t third world deserts do these things. 

And do not even get me started on the hyper individualized American culture and how that creates broken homes or just enables all of this other crap.

But yeah you still have this array of people who just don’t understand why poor people don’t trust the government in this country and won’t just get the vaccine and will shame them all over social media about it.

Edited by Kirill
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yes... which is exactly why you need to leave.

I just got some questions mkay. When is this crap going to end? Namely the masks. I have a theory ugly people are dragging the masks out because they’ve gotten too comfortable hiding their faces.

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

I just got some questions mkay. When is this crap going to end? Namely the masks. I have a theory ugly people are dragging the masks out because they’ve gotten too comfortable hiding their faces.

Are you trying to catch a ban?

I see how that comes across aggressive like I’m anti mask or criticizing people that follow the science. My bad I’m not just making an observation based on my own wanting this crap to end. I know all of the science supports masks because it’s common sense even if Fauci told people at the beginning of this thing that they don’t really work in order to keep the limited amount we had at the time available for whoever needed it, which was a huge mistake. That’s where I come from with this crap I think our government botched it at every turn and I’m just sick of having to deal with it personally. When will it end?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Glen said:

It'll end when/if people abide by the requests of professionals & get vaccinated/wear their masks when suggested 

Once you catch COVID you have more immunities than someone with just the vaccine. If you want to mandate I go get two vaccine shots after already catching COVID then no problem just pay me for them because I got too much other crap going on to care when I already got the immunities. People who got the precious little vaccine catch COVID all the time. People who catch COVID rarely get it again. Or at least that’s my observation I’m not a rocket scientist or Anthony Fauci okay.