Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

3 minutes ago, Kirill said:

I see how that comes across aggressive like I’m anti mask or criticizing people that follow the science. My bad I’m not just making an observation based on my own wanting this crap to end. I know all of the science supports masks because it’s common sense even if Fauci told people at the beginning of this thing that they don’t really work in order to keep the limited amount we had at the time available for whoever needed it, which was a huge mistake. That’s where I come from with this crap I think our government botched it at every turn and I’m just sick of having to deal with it personally. When will it end?

our government absolutely botched it at every turn, and it's not surprising that people don't trust them with stuff. hell, even now the US is hoarding vaccines despite the quickest end to the pandemic very obviously being vaccinating as much of the world as quickly as possible. it's all completely infuriating- the needless deaths, the people who lost jobs, everything. but as far as whether getting the vaccine is worth it, i find that one pretty simple: all the rich people ran and got it right away. that alone should tell us that it works.

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

Wrong

If you get the vaccine and catch COVID you have hybrid immunity which is the greatest of all but in regards to COVID vs the vaccine my understanding was your body beating the actual illness provides the greatest immunity

Edited by Kirill

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

If you get the vaccine and catch COVID you have hybrid immunity which is the greatest of all but in regards to COVID vs the vaccine my understanding was your body beating the actual illness provides the greatest immunity

You are incorrect. The vaccine provides better coverage vs the variants and provides a rate of positive outcomes when catching COVID that is much better. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

our government absolutely botched it at every turn, and it's not surprising that people don't trust them with stuff. hell, even now the US is hoarding vaccines despite the quickest end to the pandemic very obviously being vaccinating as much of the world as quickly as possible. it's all completely infuriating- the needless deaths, the people who lost jobs, everything. but as far as whether getting the vaccine is worth it, i find that one pretty simple: all the rich people ran and got it right away. that alone should tell us that it works.

Yeah also alot lf it is proof of how psychologically exploitative and effective Facebook and social media and google and the internet has gotten in general for me. The government is one thing I never expected much from them but social media is a whole nother virus of it’s own that has a big part in this pandemic.

Just now, pwny said:

You are incorrect. The vaccine provides better coverage vs the variants and provides a rate of positive outcomes when catching COVID that is much better. 

I’ll take your word on it and get vaccinated once I get my car up and running lol I’ve just been dealing with a bunch of bs and the vaccine mandates hit me right then

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kirill said:

I’ll take your word on it and get vaccinated once I get my car up and running lol I’ve just been dealing with a bunch of bs and the vaccine mandates hit me right then

I'll explain why the immunity from the vaccine is better.

Antibodies are basically Y-shaped claw looking things that are built to latch on to very specific things, like viruses. So if you get COVID, your immune system will take a look at it and design an antibody against it - but the problem is we don't know exactly where the antibody will be programed to latch on to the virus. It could be the most important part of COVID (called the spike protein), that leads to infection and is necessary for COVID to work, or it could be on a different part of COVID that isn't nearly as important.

The vaccine only shows the immune system that super important spike protein part, so we've forced the immune system to develop the antibodies to grab onto the most important part. You may get that with immunity though COVID, but there's no guarantee. So when we say the immunity from the vaccine is "better", what we mean is we've guaranteed that your immune system will be as resistant to COVID changing as we can get it.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Kirill said:

You're giving me hope on you. Keep it up.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'll explain why the immunity from the vaccine is better.

Antibodies are basically Y-shaped claw looking things that are built to latch on to very specific things, like viruses. So if you get COVID, your immune system will take a look at it and design an antibody against it - but the problem is we don't know exactly where the antibody will be programed to latch on to the virus. It could be the most important part of COVID (called the spike protein), that leads to infection and is necessary for COVID to work, or it could be on a different part of COVID that isn't nearly as important.

The vaccine only shows the immune system that super important spike protein part, so we've forced the immune system to develop the antibodies to grab onto the most important part. You may get that with immunity though COVID, but there's no guarantee. So when we say the immunity from the vaccine is "better", what we mean is we've guaranteed that your immune system will be as resistant to COVID changing as we can get it.

Good explanation thank you

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Wrong

Where did you read this? I’ve read a ridiculous amount of studies that if you had original covid or Delta, it’s 3x stronger immunity than the vaccine against Delta. 

Not to mention doesn’t wane anywhere near as fast. 

Edited by BayRaider

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Where did you read this? I’ve read a ridiculous amount of studies that if you had original covid or Delta, it’s 3x stronger immunity than the vaccine against Delta. 

Not to mention doesn’t wane anywhere near as fast. 

I don't know what's funnier about this, the concept of multiple different vaccines somehow all providing exactly the same immunity (despite J&J performing worse), or reading about quantified immune system response strength despite objective immune system strength measurements not actually existing.

Pretty crazy that a ridiculous amount scientists all decided to publish impossible data at the same time. It's either that or you're lying. Let me put my thinking cap on to see if I can get to the bottom of it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't know what's funnier about this, the concept of multiple different vaccines somehow all providing exactly the same immunity (despite J&J performing worse), or reading about quantified immune system response strength despite objective immune system strength measurements not actually existing.

Pretty crazy that a ridiculous amount scientists all decided to publish impossible data at the same time. It's either that or you're lying. Let me put my thinking cap on to see if I can get to the bottom of it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news-medical.net/amp/news/20210830/Does-SARS-CoV-2-natural-infection-immunity-better-protect-against-the-Delta-variant-than-vaccination.aspx

Israel has been pretty damn accurate so far measuring vaccine efficiency and when antibodies wane. 

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v1

Those are just the first two links I’ve googled. I’ve seen it everywhere. 

I still advise everyone to get the vaccine 100%. But let’s not get carried away that the vaccine is better than natural immunity. The thing is you do NOT want covid to begin with. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news-medical.net/amp/news/20210830/Does-SARS-CoV-2-natural-infection-immunity-better-protect-against-the-Delta-variant-than-vaccination.aspx

Israel has been pretty damn accurate so far measuring vaccine efficiency and when antibodies wane. 

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v1

Those are just the first two links I’ve googled. I’ve seen it everywhere. 

When did most of Israel get dosed originally. And when did stragglers that didn't get jabbed get infected as part of the most recent spikes. Who would, therefore, have more antibodies at the specific time when this study was conducted.

You have made this mistake fairly consistently in this thread: you can interpret a graph, but are missing vital context that explains why we are seeing what we are seeing, and then falsely applying this very specific situation as a general principle. Stop.

• Like 4