Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

When did most of Israel get dosed originally. And when did stragglers of the delta variant get infected. Who would, therefore, have more antibodies at the specific time when this study was conducted.

You have made this mistake fairly consistently in this thread: you can interpret a graph, but are missing vital context that explains why we are seeing what we are seeing, and then falsely applying this very specific situation as a general principle. Stop.

You have done the same thing multiple times. Missing context, missing data, and strategically worded articles. Misinformation literally goes both ways. Where is your data? I bet it will be the same thing that’s out of context.. such as the studies will be fresh two weeks off of vaccination and the natural immunity being months after. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You have done the same thing multiple times. Missing context, missing data, and strategically worded articles.

Citation needed. Quote me doing this.

Where is your data?

A direct, fair comparison does not yet exist. We expect more durable protection based on the methodology of immune generation, as I explained on the previous page.

I bet it will be the same thing that’s out of context.. such as the studies will be fresh two weeks off of vaccination and the natural immunity being months after. 

So, based on the direct inverse of the question you asked, you admit that a comparison between a long-previous vaccinated group and a middle of the pandemic infected groups' antibody level is misleading? So you're prepared to disregard the two links you posted?

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

On 9/14/2021 at 4:58 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:
On 9/14/2021 at 4:56 PM, BayRaider said:
On 9/14/2021 at 4:45 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You realize that the vaccine was sold at $20/dose, correct? And this is public knowledge?

$20/dose*3doses/person*300 million people=$18B

Could you show your work on that 'hundreds of billions on the low end estimate' real quick? Thanks.

While we're at it @BayRaider - still waiting for your work on this hundreds of billions low end estimate.

On 9/14/2021 at 4:38 PM, BayRaider said:

A 3 dose vaccine to every American citizen is more money that you can possibly imagine. At least hundreds of billions, and that may be a low-end estimate…

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kirill said:

I see how that comes across aggressive like I’m anti mask or criticizing people that follow the science. My bad I’m not just making an observation based on my own wanting this crap to end. I know all of the science supports masks because it’s common sense even if Fauci told people at the beginning of this thing that they don’t really work in order to keep the limited amount we had at the time available for whoever needed it, which was a huge mistake. That’s where I come from with this crap I think our government botched it at every turn and I’m just sick of having to deal with it personally. When will it end?

It’s also important to keep in mind they were dealing with a new virus and had to learn everything on the fly.

If people demand 100% accuracy, give them a year or two.  But, if you want data NOW, like most of us did, you need to be willing to deal with some inaccuracies as they iron things out.

And I’m not saying this is you, but many of the people complaining about the inaccuracies then aren’t exactly even attempting to follow the verifiable data we have now. Most are using the early inaccuracies as a foundation for a bad faith argument.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kirill said:

I just got some questions mkay. When is this crap going to end? Namely the masks. I have a theory ugly people are dragging the masks out because they’ve gotten too comfortable hiding their faces.

Maybe.

I will say though, I’ve seen a whole lot of people missing a great opportunity to help themselves though.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia

These types of charts are misleading. They don't take into account military spending as a percentage   of GDP.  They also fail to take into account percentage of population involved with a nations military establishment.

4 minutes ago, TVScout said:

These types of charts are misleading. They don't take into account military spending as a percentage   of GDP.  They also fail to take into account percentage of population involved with a nations military establishment.

There is definitely some potential nuance/context missing, but those numbers are pretty hard to brush off either way.

17 minutes ago, TVScout said:

# Country name $ pc Date Accuracy
1 21px-Flag_of_Israel.svg.png Israel 2507.6 2020 Precise
2 23px-Flag_of_the_United_Arab_Emirates.sv UAE 2469.6 2014 Estimate
3 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png USA 2351.1 2020 Precise
4 23px-Flag_of_Singapore.svg.png Singapore 1855.5 2020 Precise
5 23px-Flag_of_Saudi_Arabia.svg.png Saudi Arabia 1652.2 2020 Estimate
6 23px-Flag_of_Kuwait.svg.png Kuwait 1625.3 2020 Precise
7 23px-Flag_of_Oman.svg.png Oman 1317.8 2020 Estimate
8 21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png Norway 1312.0 2020 Precise
9 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 1079.9 2020 Precise
10 23px-Flag_of_Qatar.svg.png Qatar 1011.0 2010 Precise

SIPRI's estimate of per capita military expenditure, dollars per person.

Its still pretty damning 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

US economy boomed then so military spending is not the problem today.

These two things arent necessarily related and it definitely doesnt prove the latter part of your statement. 

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Hmm... we might want to venture away from military spending talk.

Love,

- ET

and that is the last thing I will say about that ❤️