Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

20 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I am pulling for you and also praying I dont mimic you. 

I wouldn’t wish this on anyone. Really glad i pre-made dinner. Although I haven’t eaten anything today and I’m not sure if I will. But at least I just have to heat it up. 

12 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Anti-vaxxers are going to take this news the wrong way:

"See, I told you these vaccines weren't safe! Don't take them!"

Rather than:

"It's good to see the FDA taking even extremely rare side effects seriously, and doing their due diligence to better educate health care personnel on treating these rare occurrences while also having those being vaccinated with J&J aware of certain side effects to be concerned about and checked out if they develop"

Either way, it sounds like this is going to be a rather quick pause that may have negative effects on vaccine acceptance among the population, though I believe many of those who are not going to take the vaccine already made up their mind before this.

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

6 people developing blood clots out of 7,000,000 people who have received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. It's literally less than a one-in-a-million chance. This vaccine is incredibly safe, but Moderna and Pfizer are even safer. 

I think it's more to do with the fact it's so heavily skewed toward women under 50 similar to the Oxford vaccine.

1 minute ago, WizeGuy said:
6 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

6 people developing blood clots out of 7,000,000 people who have received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. It's literally less than a one-in-a-million chance. This vaccine is incredibly safe, but Moderna and Pfizer are even safer. 

I think it's more to do with the fact it's so heavily skewed toward women under 50 similar to the Oxford vaccine.

It's the type of blood clot, not the frequency that is the concern per the tweets above. 

I'd expect the FDA to approve dosing again with a specific blood clot handling protocol that the sites will need to follow.

• Like 2

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-13/j-j-vaccinations-recommended-paused-in-u-s-on-clotting-concern?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=curated

Apparently the experts are calling for a pause on the j and j vaccine. 

How likely is it that they pause using it and what would it take to unpause it?  Not great timing to lose 1 of the vaccines if it happens

40 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Anti-vaxxers are going to take this news the wrong way:

"See, I told you these vaccines weren't safe! Don't take them!"

Rather than:

"It's good to see the FDA taking even extremely rare side effects seriously, and doing their due diligence to better educate health care personnel on treating these rare occurrences while also having those being vaccinated with J&J aware of certain side effects to be concerned about and checked out if they develop"

Either way, it sounds like this is going to be a rather quick pause that may have negative effects on vaccine acceptance among the population, though I believe many of those who are not going to take the vaccine already made up their mind before this.

Well we can always tell those antivaxxers that they have a better chance of getting a blood clot from using birth control 😅