Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

N.C. hospital system fires about 175 workers in one of the largest mass terminations due to a vaccine mandate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/09/28/covid-delta-variant-live-updates/#link-NBHCQBYIY5FRTI5FRMHRVWFDVE

Pfizer and BioNTech said Tuesday that they have submitted initial data to the Food and Drug Administration from their vaccine trial on children between 5 and 11 years old.

The drugmakers said their trial, which included 2,268 participants from that age group, yielded “positive topline results.” The companies said their coronavirus vaccine has “demonstrated a favorable safety profile” among young participants and “elicited robust neutralizing antibody responses using a two-dose regimen.”

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TVScout said:

N.C. hospital system fires about 175 workers in one of the largest mass terminations due to a vaccine mandate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/09/28/covid-delta-variant-live-updates/#link-NBHCQBYIY5FRTI5FRMHRVWFDVE

Pfizer and BioNTech said Tuesday that they have submitted initial data to the Food and Drug Administration from their vaccine trial on children between 5 and 11 years old.

The drugmakers said their trial, which included 2,268 participants from that age group, yielded “positive topline results.” The companies said their coronavirus vaccine has “demonstrated a favorable safety profile” among young participants and “elicited robust neutralizing antibody responses using a two-dose regimen.”

That’s a huge age group.  All those nasty kids in schools…. That’d be an enormous win.

• Like 2

In Britain, a study by Oxford University and others has found that more than a third of coronavirus patients showed at least one long-term symptom three to six months after being infected by the virus. Analyzing results from 270,000 people, researchers found the most common symptoms were breathing problems, fatigue and anxiety.

4 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I know someone who is very anti-vax.

Here's an excerpt of that converstion

Anti-vaxxer:
What about the long term effects !!!
horrible side effects !!!
Its not even a full approval !
My science says its really gene therapy !!!
Bill Gates is putting chips in your cranium !!!
It will make you sterile !!
COVID is a HOAX !!!

Reality:   " Here's some cash"

Antivaxxer:

OK, sign me up !

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Here's an excerpt of that converstion

Anti-vaxxer:
What about the long term effects !!!
horrible side effects !!!
Its not even a full approval !
My science says its really gene therapy !!!
Bill Gates is putting chips in your cranium !!!
It will make you sterile !!
COVID is a HOAX !!!

Reality:   " Here's some cash"

Antivaxxer:

OK, sign me up !

Smart and principled you say?

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

By and large people will talk big ish “I DON’T GIVE A DAMN, THEY CAN FIRE ME!!!” and by and large they get vaccinated.

If they could just walk away from their current job and find something better, they’d have probably done that already.

Also, this is why large scale mandates are necessary.  With most employers doing this, there aren’t a lot of options where people can go and not need to be vaccinated as a condition of employment.

• Like 1

I will respectfully offer myself up on a silver platter here for some of y'all so be nice please!

The reason I have not taken it as of this moment in time, is pretty straightforward. I am young and quite healthy, my immune system is incredibly resilient I hardly ever get sick, the last time I did was a number of years ago with pneumonia, which was bad for like 1 night and then I was out mowing the lawn a day and a half later. While I believe the likelihood of long term side effects is low, I think it's still more likely than COVID doing me in if I were to be infected. 

I don't consider myself "Anti-Vax" in the sense that I will strongly encourage those who are in the groups more at risk or those who want it to get the vaccine. I am just very "Vaccine hesitant". In short, for me personally, while unlikely, the potential long term side effects outweigh the possibility of getting COVID. If I were 20 years older or overweight, I would probably get the vaccine. 

If you respond in a condescending or aggressive manner, I will not respond to you. I'm more than happy to have a civil conversation and discuss different research and scientific perspectives. I don't subscribe to conspiracy theory, I won't sight fringe sources, nor do I pretend to have all of the answers, there may be times where I feel not enough is known about X or Y at this time.

I've been staring at this for about 20 minutes just wondering if it's even worth sending this, or if I'm just going to be belligerently chastised.  Welp, eff it.

• Like 2