Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

2 hours ago, swoosh said:

Got poked with Pfizer for shot #1 yesterday morning. Had minor soreness in my upper arm last night, but it's barely noticeable today. Fully expect shot #2 to be a battle.

You're not me obviously but your first experience sounds like mine. If you follow in my steps, expect shot #2 to be that x2. That's basically all that happened to me. Wife is 6 hours into shot #2 right now and she's acting like it's just another day. I expect that to change by the end of the night...... but I hope not lol.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Biden said that there is enough of the other 2 vaccines for every American? I must have heard that wrong

Word is they have 600 million doese of Pfizer/Moderna

There is 330 mil Americans, 22.6% of which are fully vaccinated, 36.8% have at least 1 dose. If they number of vaccines is verified then yes, there is plenty. The issue for the last 3-4 weeks is the logistics of distribution, storage, and man power for administration (especially in dense population centers). 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You're not me obviously but your first experience sounds like mine. If you follow in my steps, expect shot #2 to be that x2. That's basically all that happened to me. Wife is 6 hours into shot #2 right now and she's acting like it's just another day. I expect that to change by the end of the night...... but I hope not lol.

My wife got her #2 on Sunday and felt great that day, pretty sore yesterday, and could barely move her arm this morning because the lymphnode was so swollen. She said it's a lot better now though (5pm EST). 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

There is 330 mil Americans, 22.6% of which are fully vaccinated, 36.8% have at least 1 dose. If they number of vaccines is verified then yes, there is plenty. The issue for the last 3-4 weeks is the logistics of distribution, storage, and man power for administration (especially in dense population centers). 

Yeah to the last part. That’s why having J&J would be so nice since it’s so convenient compared to the others.  Helps with things like the homeless population too in my area. But it is what it is now.

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

My bad reaction from Moderna shot #2 was about 11 hours later

Edited by kingseanjohn

Here’s some more background info about the pause. This seems to be about more than just 6 cases.

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2021/04/13/j-j-vaccine-supply-disruption-481180

Conversations about whether to pause use of the J&J vaccine began early last week after the FDA and CDC had collected reports of individuals who received the shot experiencing severe blood clots, according to the two senior officials inside the CDC who have direct knowledge of the matter. Agency director Rochelle Walensky met with Fauci, and the FDA’s top vaccine regulator, Peter Marks, over the course of several days to analyze the data on the reported blood clots. 

The White House learned of the matter on Monday night, Zients said Tuesday.

The concern, the two senior CDC officials said, is that there may be additional cases of the blood clots — a type known as cerebral venous sinus thrombosis — and that the agencies needed more time to track down those cases and analyze the data more completely. Federal officials also emphasized that they need time to educate medical personnel about the best way to treat this type of clot, which is different from the standard approach to clotting. 

The CDC officials said that administration scientists determined the data they did have was enough to justify a temporary pause in the use of the vaccine, particularly because the Pfizer and Moderna shots would still be available. Both companies have made production improvements in recent months that have increased the pace of their vaccine deliveries to the U.S. government. 

In the meantime, the CDC and the FDA are continuing to study the data and collect additional information about the scope of the problem and whether the blood clots are impacting a wider population than originally understood, the two CDC officials said. 

Marks told reporters Tuesday that it is likely the government will receive more reports of blood clots in people who have gotten the J&J vaccine, as doctors and patients learn more about the symptoms. 

He defended the administration's decision to call for the pause in remarks later that day at an event organized by the American Medical Association. 

"Everyone knew that there was the potential that we would cause some concern here, and then it could cause a hit, so to speak, to vaccine confidence," Marks said. "The larger concern was, if we made some announcement about this but did not have a pause, and in a few days collected another dozen or 18 cases."

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Dang

3 hours ago, Xenos said:

Not the most reliable news source.

I'm not going to talk about this or debate it with anyone, but there's this info about The Sun: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-sun/

Since The Sun posted this article on the 14th, I would assume that the "Data from the Office for National Statistics" would be in a release within the last month. I could not find such a release and The Sun doesn't link to any source.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/

I tried searching for "23", "twenty", "quarter", and "infection" among others. Nothing returned any related release from the Office for National Statistics. Show me the source.

I also like one caption that The Sun uses for a graphic that states: "Office for National Statistics data shows that almost one in four deaths with Covid on the certificate in the week ending April 2 "involved" Covid, meaning Covid was not the primary cause of death". Again, no source and trying to state a fact that isn't.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'm not going to talk about this or debate it with anyone, but there's this info about The Sun: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-sun/

Since The Sun posted this article on the 14th, I would assume that the "Data from the Office for National Statistics" would be in a release within the last month. I could not find such a release and The Sun doesn't link to any source.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/

I tried searching for "23", "twenty", "quarter", and "infection" among others. Nothing returned any related release from the Office for National Statistics. Show me the source.

I also like one caption that The Sun uses for a graphic that states: "Office for National Statistics data shows that almost one in four deaths with Covid on the certificate in the week ending April 2 "involved" Covid, meaning Covid was not the primary cause of death". Again, no source and trying to state a fact that isn't.

Thanks for going through the trouble of posting this. You did a much better job of elaborating than I did.