Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

12 minutes ago, Xenos said:

If states would put funding into at home care there would be less hospitalizations, less strain on facilities and their workers, more options for nurses to stay put and get market competitive pay. 

• Like 2

On 10/23/2021 at 2:18 PM, Xenos said:

Yup. We've lost a handful of nurses who chose to go per diem. I talked to one who is going to Hawaii this week on a contract. Making a ton of money, and she gets to go to Hawaii. Not a bad gig for a woman in her early 20s. 

3 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Yup. We've lost a handful of nurses who chose to go per diem. I talked to one who is going to Hawaii this week on a contract. Making a ton of money, and she gets to go to Hawaii. Not a bad gig for a woman in her early 20s. 

This is happening everywhere. I'm hearing similar stories of the hospital my girlfriend works at.

A new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that “severe outcomes” for covid-19 patients did not increase significantly since the delta variant started spreading widely — suggesting that while the variant is more contagious, it does not cause more severe illness.

Analyzing data from 14 states, the CDC found that the proportion of patients who were admitted to an intensive care unit, put on a ventilator or died “did not significantly change from the pre-Delta period to the Delta period.”

Moderna said interim data shows positive results for its vaccine among children ages 6 to 11, the company announced in a statement on Monday.

The company said the data showed a strong neutralizing antibody response after two doses of the vaccine at a 50-microgram dose level.

The European Medicines Agency said early Monday it initiated a “rolling review” of evidence on the efficacy and safety of molnupiravir, the antiviral pill developed by Merck and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics to treat covid-19 — an initial step in the longer process toward authorization.

On 10/16/2021 at 5:06 PM, MookieMonstah said:

If I made a thread to discuss how the Earth is a planet it would also be an echo chamber, but the people agreeing would still be correct😊😊😊

True but this 'vaccine' is 'Pluto' 😁

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/supporters-unvaccinated-nba-star-kyrie-irving-storm-past-barricades-outside-n1282243

LOL, guess I wasn't embellishing when I said "flat earthers are looking for these anti-vaxxer loons to join their club" seeing how Kyrie also happens to be a flat-earther. 🤣 Even if they have to violently storm past barricades (where have I seen THAT before?) and into businesses that have rightfully denied them service and postpone games to do so.

"Free enterprise, bruh! Wait, not like that!"

Edited by KManX89

How zoos persuade animals to get the coronavirus vaccine: M&Ms and ice cream help.

The big cats aren’t the only zoo residents trained to receive the vaccines. “The bears got ice cream and whipped cream. To get the chimp to stay still, we gave her marshmallows and M&M’s,” Herman says.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/10/26/covid-delta-variant-live-updates/#link-JXFOEJLF45BOPOHHXWDRSNO33E

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

How zoos persuade animals to get the coronavirus vaccine: M&Ms and ice cream help.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/10/26/covid-delta-variant-live-updates/#link-JXFOEJLF45BOPOHHXWDRSNO33E

Pretty normal methods. My favorites include TV distractions (monkeys love The Jungle Book) and Fruit Loops, just because the colors make it somehow more ridiculous.

15 hours ago, KManX89 said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/supporters-unvaccinated-nba-star-kyrie-irving-storm-past-barricades-outside-n1282243

LOL, guess I wasn't embellishing when I said "flat earthers are looking for these anti-vaxxer loons to join their club" seeing how Kyrie also happens to be a flat-earther. 🤣 Even if they have to violently storm past barricades (where have I seen THAT before?) and into businesses that have rightfully denied them service and postpone games to do so.

"Free enterprise, bruh! Wait, not like that!"

Perhaps they can join together and plan to march right off the edge!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Pretty normal methods. My favorites include TV distractions (monkeys love The Jungle Book) and Fruit Loops, just because the colors make it somehow more ridiculous.

If only the average American adult was that smart, and took his/her vaccine.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1