Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

shockingly, whatever crackpot site that hosted whatever crackpot video that might have been pulled it.

i'm sorta glad I didn't waste 2 minutes watching whatever it was.

Link still works for me. Don't really care about the site, just the video inside it showing the woman from the previous video wasn't a traveler to that country but instead was locked up bc of close contact to a positive case or bc she lied about taking a test....... assuming she's not lying about everything. That part still remains unclear to me unless the video explains it later. Just further showing the completely gross and disgusting excessive police state in Australia right now. Really surprised so many people are fighting me about this right now. Very surprised. 

https://youtu.be/mGFdWcJU7-0

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

The omicron variant is likely to have picked up genetic material from another virus that causes the common cold in humans, according to a new preliminary study, prompting one of its authors to suggest omicron could have greater transmissibility but lower virulence than other variants of the novel coronavirus. They say this particular mutation could have occurred in a host simultaneously infected by SARS-CoV-2, also known as the novel coronavirus, and the HCoV-229E coronavirus, which can cause the common cold. The shared genetic code with HCoV-229E has not been detected in other novel coronavirus variants, the scientists said. 

Researchers have established that SARS-CoV-2, which is responsible for the covid-19 disease, can infect patients who are also afflicted by other coronaviruses. Cells in lungs and gastrointestinal systems could host both types of viruses, said Soundararajan, possibly leading to an exchange in genetic material.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says health experts are studying how often patients simultaneously suffer from covid and other respiratory illnesses.

• Like 3

The most-vaccinated big counties in America are beating the worst of the coronavirus

Much has been made of the gap between more-vaccinated and less-vaccinated states or red counties and blue counties. The difference is even starker in big counties with overwhelming adoption of the vaccines.

Perhaps the most highly vaccinated large county in America, according to New York Times data, is Montgomery County, Md., just outside the District of Columbia. Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show 93 percent of those 12 and older there are fully vaccinated, compared to around 70 percent nationally. The number dying over the past week is eight times as high nationally — 3.4 per 1 million — as it is in Montgomery County — 0.4 per 1 million — even as Montgomery County is near some virus hotspots.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

The most-vaccinated big counties in America are beating the worst of the coronavirus

Much has been made of the gap between more-vaccinated and less-vaccinated states or red counties and blue counties. The difference is even starker in big counties with overwhelming adoption of the vaccines.

Perhaps the most highly vaccinated large county in America, according to New York Times data, is Montgomery County, Md., just outside the District of Columbia. Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show 93 percent of those 12 and older there are fully vaccinated, compared to around 70 percent nationally. The number dying over the past week is eight times as high nationally — 3.4 per 1 million — as it is in Montgomery County — 0.4 per 1 million — even as Montgomery County is near some virus hotspots.

vaccines work

• Like 2

Well I see this as good news. A more contagious variant will spread faster and no need for a new vaccine in 100 days because it won't be in time. It also seems to not be stopped by the vaccines as one of the infected was boosted in November. So we all should get this quickly and then the next variant will be even weaker and in a year from now some of you will have had your 5th and 6th shots. I also think the 'vaccine' wording will be changed in 2 years time just like 'mandates' are now 'restrictions'  but for now a 'vaccine' sounds better but the only vaccine I've ever had to keep getting after a year is tetnius every 10 years. I think we say 'shot' on that one but I digress.

Edited by G

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

He's fully vaccinated

So am I(maybe, who tf knows anymore). But I still have a directory of doctors who prescribe Ivermectin bookmarked. It’s all that anecdotal evidence you guys hate but it certainly seems like the people who consulted with Rogan are getting over it much quicker than those relying on the vaccines alone.

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

So am I(maybe, who tf knows anymore). But I still have a directory of doctors who prescribe Ivermectin bookmarked. It’s all that anecdotal evidence you guys hate but it certainly seems like the people who consulted with Rogan are getting over it much quicker than those relying on the vaccines alone.

could be ivermectin that has not a single piece of data to support its effectiveness 

could be the vaccine that makes it 11x more likely to survive covid-19 according to all statistics

could be the myriad of other therapeutics that have data supporting their benefits to treating COVID-19 that he took

Who could really know with such little information?

Asian Shrug GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 4