Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

11 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I overheard a nurse in my office spreading vaccine hesitancy today and I am a bit disgusted by it. She was stating that she "know people" who got their vaccine and still got covid. This is a freaking nurse, she should understand that no vaccine is 100% and that the BIG factor here is reducing symptoms and severity and therefore cutting longterm effects and hospitalizations. SHE SHOULD KNOW THIS STUFF. 

Infuriating. 

Nurses are a rare breed. Theyre tough as nails, but some of them are nutty. 

One of the nurses I work with wasn't going to take the vaccine because she believed they were tampered with at distribution. She actually did get one dose of the vaccine likely due to seeing how awful it was on our unit (we conveted to a COVID ICU), but she didnt get the second dose because she developed COVID arm after the first show (a heavy rash on her arm). 

The good news is- 90% of our entire hospital rcvd at least one dose, so there wasnt much hesitancy. 

What pisses me off are healthcare workers who downplay the virus. Their title gives them more credibility. Id venture a guess most of these 'healthcare workers' did not work in ED or any COVID unit, so theyre ignorant to it all. Still, the damage is done once they run their mouth. I have friends who point to someone they know who is a healthcare worker rambling on about how COVID wasnt that bad, so they are hesitating to get vaccinated.

Id love to meet this dumb-dumb, and find out exactly what she does, because if she actually worked ED or a COVID unit then she has the awareness of a gold fish.

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

SHE SHOULD KNOW THIS STUFF. 

yes she should -  and she should also know that her "anecdotes" carry more weight than they should- because she's a nurse. There's an implied level of added responsibility here that she isn't living up to...( first, do no harm)

3 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Their title gives them more credibility.

yep- same on the MD side, unfortunately.

But we gotta keep pushing forward in a calm, reasoned manner and help the hesitant to get comfortable with it.

19 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I overheard a nurse in my office spreading vaccine hesitancy today and I am a bit disgusted by it. She was stating that she "know people" who got their vaccine and still got covid. This is a freaking nurse, she should understand that no vaccine is 100% and that the BIG factor here is reducing symptoms and severity and therefore cutting longterm effects and hospitalizations. SHE SHOULD KNOW THIS STUFF. 

Infuriating. 

Are you allowed to talk to her about this?

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

Are you allowed to talk to her about this?

She isn't my direct report. Our office structure is such that I oversee business development and field support and I have a clinical partner who the clinical team reports to. We are on the same level. I brought it up with her but the spine to do anything is not there. I suppose I could talk to her but honestly it's not best for business. I need her to open home care cases to grow my business and she will come up with every excuse not to if she's upset with me. 

41 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

She isn't my direct report. Our office structure is such that I oversee business development and field support and I have a clinical partner who the clinical team reports to. We are on the same level. I brought it up with her but the spine to do anything is not there. I suppose I could talk to her but honestly it's not best for business. I need her to open home care cases to grow my business and she will come up with every excuse not to if she's upset with me. 

Okay I see. Yeah you made the right call. It just sucks that someone like her had to do this.

So how does everyone feel about what the NFLPA are doing with voluntary workouts? The Chargers seem to be the most recent team, which sucks since we have an entirely new coaching staff.

Edited by Xenos

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Infuriating. 

You might be surprised about some of the utter morons that are nurses. I know recruiters in the healthcare field and it's kinda bad and quite sad also. 

That whole supply and demand thing.....

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Xenos said:

So how does everyone feel about what the NFLPA are doing with voluntary workouts? The Chargers seem to be the most recent team, which sucks since we have an entirely new coaching staff.

I mean, it's voluntary. The pandemic isn't over even if we all want to pretend it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Getting the SinoPharm shot Monday and starting to get nervous. Just so little out there on it. Could just be western bias though. I’ll still get the Pfizer or moderna when I get to the US in 2022. 

Good luck, man. Wish someone here could offer first game experience with it but you're going to be the first around here. I'm sure you'll be good. 

22 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

of course, share as needed

I think my only other concern is really with the global level of vaccination since J&J offers such needed help for other countries especially the poorer ones. I hope the pause is able to be resolved quickly for their sake.

13 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I mean, it's voluntary. The pandemic isn't over even if we all want to pretend it is.

It does make wonder about further things down the timeline, such as players choosing to get vaccinated or not, and what the NFL plans to do when there’s enough supplies for everyone to access it easily enough. Like logistically, what would they do for players that choose to not get vaccinated versus those that do?Or if it’ll be a soft mandate like what more and more colleges are doing.

Edited by Xenos

Does anyone know how long before both Pfizer and Moderna get the full FDA approval? I know both just filed for the license since the 6 months is now complete.

Edited by Xenos

3 hours ago, Xenos said:

It does make wonder about further things down the timeline, such as players choosing to get vaccinated or not, and what the NFL plans to do when there’s enough supplies for everyone to access it easily enough. Like logistically, what would they do for players that choose to not get vaccinated versus those that do?Or if it’ll be a soft mandate like what more and more colleges are doing.

I believe that the NFL has already said that Tier-1 & 2 personnel are supposed to get vaccinated with the exception of a medical or religious reason in order to participate in team activities. Which I believe covers players in that group.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I believe that the NFL has already said that Tier-1 & 2 personnel are supposed to get vaccinated with the exception of a medical or religious reason in order to participate in team activities. Which I believe covers players in that group.

I just looked it up. It actually doesn’t 🤷‍♂️
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-team-employees-refuse-vaccination-bona-fide-barred-tier-1-2

In a Tuesday memo obtained by NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, the league informed clubs their Tier 1 and 2 employees (excluding players)