Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

Got my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday. Side effects have been minimal so far. My shoulder was definitely more sore quicker. There are weird itchiness that happen randomly at different parts of my body. And I woke up in the middle of the night feeling body aches. But it’s similar to the aches and soreness you feel after an intense workout.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Got my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday. Side effects have been minimal so far. My shoulder was definitely more sore quicker. There are weird itchiness that happen randomly at different parts of my body. And I woke up in the middle of the night feeling body aches. But it’s similar to the aches and soreness you feel after an intense workout.

Definitely concerned how I'll react to my second. If this is it, I'll be happy lol. My stepdad had the ithy feelings as well. 

What did it feel like after your first? What time did you get this one at?

55 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Really sore shoulder here, with very strange/vivid dreams, and general fatigue/disorientation when I woke up. I also have a moderate headache, but thankfully nothing else to complain of. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Really sore shoulder here, with very strange/vivid dreams, and general fatigue/disorientation when I woke up. I also have a moderate headache, but thankfully nothing else to complain of. 

And, did your........

penis grow?

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Definitely concerned how I'll react to my second. If this is it, I'll be happy lol. My stepdad had the ithy feelings as well. 

What did it feel like after your first? What time did you get this one at?

After the first shot, everything was delayed and minimal. It was a sore shoulder that started the same night instead of immediately like the second dose. The soreness lasted for a little bit more than 24 hours. I also experienced body aches late Saturday night instead of Friday night. But woke up on Sunday morning with everything basically gone. Maybe there was some itchiness after the first shot but it came and went so quickly that I thought it was just in my head. 

So yeah, the 2nd shot has been slightly worse with more pronounced  side effects as well as longer duration compared to first time. And I got this one at 10am Friday morning instead of 1pm in the afternoon three weeks ago. I don’t think it made a difference. I also think I just receive shots well compared to others. My mom, for example, got the Moderna shot and she slept for 21 hours after getting her second.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Has there been much spread at dentist offices? It's hard to social distance even someone is cleaning your teeth

I think because of the precautions taken and that it’s only one person at a time versus a huge group, the spread has been low. Just like with barbershops.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Now that you mentioned it, I also had a mild headache. Also my jaw and teeth felt tender and sore when chewing. It was weird. I didn’t feel feverish so I didn’t take my temperature, but I wouldn’t be surprised if I had a low grade fever. It seemed to have happened unexpectedly to some of my coworkers.

16 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I think because of the precautions taken and that it’s only one person at a time versus a huge group, the spread has been low. Just like with barbershops.

I thought it would be higher because only 1 person has a mask and generally there is more face to face contact at the dentist

58 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I thought it would be higher because only 1 person has a mask and generally there is more face to face contact at the dentist

Whoever is doing your teeth should have a mask, face shield, and other PPP to protect them from you if you were asymptomatic. 

Edit: you should be wearing a mask as well until it’s time to do the cleaning or whatever needs to be done.

Edited by Xenos

3 hours ago, Xenos said:

After the first shot, everything was delayed and minimal. It was a sore shoulder that started the same night instead of immediately like the second dose. The soreness lasted for a little bit more than 24 hours. I also experienced body aches late Saturday night instead of Friday night. But woke up on Sunday morning with everything basically gone. Maybe there was some itchiness after the first shot but it came and went so quickly that I thought it was just in my head. 

So yeah, the 2nd shot has been slightly worse with more pronounced  side effects as well as longer duration compared to first time. And I got this one at 10am Friday morning instead of 1pm in the afternoon three weeks ago. I don’t think it made a difference. I also think I just receive shots well compared to others. My mom, for example, got the Moderna shot and she slept for 21 hours after getting her second.

Yeah, I've heard the people getting Moderna are very sad after the second. My stepbrother, cousin's friend, and others said it was awful for a day. My cousin got his second on Thursday and said he had some itchiness at the injection site for a few minutes and his Fitbit told him his temp rose 1.5 degrees but he never noticed. Said other than that, it was basically nothing.

Just trying to see what I'm in for when I get my second at 4:30 a week from Tuesday. Doesn't seem like it'll be that bad but whatever, better than Covid.