Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

On 5/13/2021 at 12:05 PM, minutemancl said:

2nd shot down. Moderna. Waiting on inevitable side effects. Hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst. The general consensus among people close to me who got their 2nd Moderna dose is side effects almost exactly 12 hours later, then all side effects gone entirely 12 hours after that. Hopefully that is what I get.

My wife got knocked on her butt by both doses, but she had COVID back in December.

It went almost exactly like I thought. Felt fine until about 3am last night. Started burning up, got super achey, and absolutely could not sleep. By 10am, it all cleared up and I'm totally fine now. Arm isn't even that sore. 

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I took a picture of mine and uploaded it to my Drive 😂 

I have a picture on my phone.  I take that everywhere so hopefully that works if needed.  I also hope we don't really start requiring them, as those who are not vaccinated will just have to take their chances if they lie about it, which should be significantly lower risk with everyone around them being vaccinated.  

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

It went almost exactly like I thought. Felt fine until about 3am last night. Started burning up, got super achey, and absolutely could not sleep. By 10am, it all cleared up and I'm totally fine now. Arm isn't even that sore. 

I had similar but wok up at 6am, felt better by noon, went to lunch, came home and slept for 4 hours, then felt fine. 

14 hours ago, Xenos said:

@WizeGuy, @Deadpulse, @ramssuperbowl99, @Sllim Pickens,  @MWil23

Since we’re all wondering about this whole vaccine card or honor system method, let me know what you think about this article on the subject. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/05/america-covid-vaccine-honor-system/618891/

I’ve mentioned previously that this is a slippery slope related to medical confidentiality and “personal decision” going forward, and I think that the government and private companies would be wise to approach it as such going forward.

The “it’s a private business and they can do whatever they want to deny entrance and the use of a certain product with views that don’t line up with ours” mentality was unfortunately used as a basis especially down south and out west for 70+ years in our country leading up to the late 60’s. The same with state schools and universities. (Clearly on a different level but the philosophy is the exact same)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I’ve mentioned previously that this is a slippery slope

slippery slope?  Are your referring to the logical fallacy?

related to medical confidentiality and “personal decision” going forward, and I think that the government and private companies would be wise to approach it as such going forward.

This isn’t just a personal decision.  This isn’t a person thinking big pharma is trying to rake them over the coals for their $4 generic so they make the big brained decision to not take their blood pressure meds. If they let that go and stroke out or have an MI, they’re the one who pays the price.  

A virus that’s caused a once in a century pandemic isn’t the same thing.

The “it’s a private business and they can do whatever they want to deny entrance and the use of a certain product with views that don’t line up with ours” mentality was unfortunately used as a basis especially down south and out west for 70+ years in our country leading up to the late 60’s. The same with state schools and universities. (Clearly on a different level but the philosophy is the exact same)

Agreed, clearly different.

Discrimination based on skin color, race, whatever, is in no way the same thing as having differing standards for people who could potentially present a danger to others.

I really don’t know why you’re insistent on trying to defend the actions and “rights” of idiots who make decisions based off of stupidity and/or bad information when it’s obvious you don’t agree with them personally as evidenced by your actions?

Attempting to legitimize opinions that are based around falsehoods, fear mongering, tribalism, etc instead of actual data, research and medical recommendations does nothing positive for anyone.

• Like 2

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I really don’t know why you’re insistent on trying to defend the actions and “rights” of idiots who make decisions based off of stupidity and/or bad information when it’s obvious you don’t agree with them personally as evidenced by your actions?

Probably because in general I am anti-government on most things. :) 

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Discrimination based on skin color, race, whatever, is in no way the same thing as having differing standards for people who could potentially present a danger to others.

For the record, medical confidentiality is what I’m referring to. It absolutely is a slippery slope.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This isn’t just a personal decision.  This isn’t a person thinking big pharma is trying to rake them over the coals for their $4 generic so they make the big brained decision to not take their blood pressure meds. If they let that go and stroke out or have an MI, they’re the one who pays the price.  

And people like my mom who can’t and won’t get the vaccine due to her cancer and treatments. What about them? 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Attempting to legitimize opinions that are based around falsehoods, fear mongering, tribalism, etc instead of actual data, research and medical recommendations does nothing positive for anyone.

Because I believe that morons have the right to be morons and reap what they sow, as well as the inverse for intelligent people.

Man did Pfizer #2 kick my butt the day after. Good as new on day 3 though.

The nurse did tell me to rest and stay hydrated after getting it and instead I worked out and cut the grass, so maybe that enhanced the side effects. Don't know, don't care, got my 5G and I'm ready to roll. 

• Like 4