How do you rank these "fringe HoF" DTs from the 2000s/2010s?

Tk3

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

I think I'm going to respectfully disagree on this one

Casey's lack of All Pro is meaningful. In my opinion he has been consistently very good, but never elite. Personally I'm not putting someone in as a result of being consistently top 5-10, but never being top 3

Second Team All Pro in 2013, but who gives a crap about other lists? If you do, Pro Bowl 5 times.

And he was top 5 in both run and pass defense, for like 5 years straight, and was the only DT in the league to do that.

I am clearly totally objective in this argument, obviously.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 8:14 AM, Tk3 said:

As it stands today, this is my ranking - ignoring the fact that the current guys can keep building resume

1. Haloti Ngata - 13 seasons, 2 All Pro, 1 Ring, 32.5 Sacks
  2. Ndamukong Suh - 11+ seasons, 3 All Pro, 1 Ring, 64.5 Sacks
  3. Geno Atkins - 11+ seasons, 2 All Pro, 75.5 Sacks
  4. Fletcher Cox - 9+ seasons, 1 All Pro, 1 Ring, 54.5 Sacks

Ngata is obviously a different archetype to the others, but still worthy of this discussion, even if the stats don't align

Right now, considering Kevin Williams didn't even make the semi-finals on his first ballot, I am hesitant to say any of them have punched their ticket yet. I do think Ngata can get a bit of love in the process, but I think he's probably 50/50. I think Suh has a chance to build his resume more with a couple more solid seasons and maybe another ring. Cox obviously has significant opportunity to improve resume and get in. Atkins window to improve his resume is probably closing

Ngata should be in. 

Suh is a HOF guy in the future.

So is Atkins.

Cox? IDK yet.

On 4/3/2021 at 1:42 PM, Jeezla said:

I think Cox might have 2 more all-pros if Aaron Donald, the greatest pass rushing DT of all time, didn't exist.

There's this guy named Alan Page. He's credited with 173 sacks. Donald has some work to do to catch him.

14 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

There's this guy named Alan Page. He's credited with 173 sacks. Donald has some work to do to catch him.

Not really. If Aaron Donald played in the same era, he'd have 10 sacks a game. That's kinda like calling Wilt Chamberlain the GOAT.

Edited by Jeezla

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Not really. If Aaron Donald played in the same era, he'd have 10 sacks a game. That's kinda like calling Wilt Chamberlain the GOAT.

If Alan Page played in this era where his only job was football he'd have 15 sacks a game.

Edited by TENINCH

8 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Didn't stop John Randle who is 50 sacks ahead of Donald

it didn't stop John Randle, because John Randle wasn't 245 lbs. And nobody outside of a Vikings homer is taking either of those guys over Donald.

Edited by Jeezla

24 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Yes he was. Watch his football life.

He was 245 as a rookie, and he was a DE his first 2 seasons. Was 270 by his 3rd season, and finished his career around 285 lbs. Did most of his damage between 270-275 lbs.

Edited by Jeezla