Was Brandon Scherff Worth the #5 Overall Pick?

MKnight82

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

He has been the best most consistent player out of that draft class period. So regardless of position when you look at character and off the field stuff and injury history Scherff was the best player for us!!!! You could say Marcus Peters who has had a down year and also has issues off the field. Williams we know but honestly idc what position he plays he’s one of the best offensive lineman in Football period!

I think it can be easily argued that Scherff wasn't a bad pick, but calling him the best player for us with that pick is a stretch IMO.  

41 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I think it can be easily argued that Scherff wasn't a bad pick, but calling him the best player for us with that pick is a stretch IMO.  

I’m not saying there weren’t other options either I just think we got the best player that exemplified the type of attitude the FO and coaches wanted on the field for this team.

I agree with Mknight. Scherff was a good pick, but I still don't think it was the pick that should have been made. I think our overall team is better in 2015 & 16 - especially on defense - if we had picked Leonard Williams at 5 and then Kedricks, Goldman, McKinney, Morse or Marpet in round 2 but Smith has played well too this season.

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I agree with Mknight. Scherff was a good pick, but I still don't think it was the pick that should have been made. I think our overall team is better in 2015 & 16 - especially on defense - if we had picked Leonard Williams at 5 and then Kedricks, Goldman, McKinney, Morse or Marpet in round 2 but Smith has played well too this season.

But as a rookie and this season Smith has had more of a impact then Leonard and he was a 2nd round pick. So to get one of the top OL players and a high caliber OLB in the 2nd who has been a pretty good player in his own right I’m happy with our guys. I think Smith could be a year away from being a pro bowl staple. Because he’s playing close to that level he has to find consistency.

On 10/23/2017 at 4:09 PM, ripsean21 said:

But as a rookie and this season Smith has had more of a impact then Leonard and he was a 2nd round pick. So to get one of the top OL players and a high caliber OLB in the 2nd who has been a pretty good player in his own right I’m happy with our guys. I think Smith could be a year away from being a pro bowl staple. Because he’s playing close to that level he has to find consistency.

That’s purely based on stat #s. We should know by watching Jon Allen that a DL Can have a great game and only have a few tackles.

I definitely agree Smith has played well this year and I’m glad for that. 

Archived