Chiefs Releasing Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz

Turnobili

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

haha well unfortunately Roseman does.

We don't really know that even. Good chance that Hurts was picked because Doug wanted him, and now Lurie is telling Roseman that he wants Hurts to be the starter for this year. I think Sirianni and Roseman will both get at least 3 full seasons. Wouldn't make sense for Lurie to keep Roseman and then decide one season later to kick him aside and have a new GM come in with Sirianni being a lame duck.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

One good game vs. 31 others isn't really going to sway teams.   Either way, though, Dillard's play in 2020 isn't likely to inspire buyers to look at him like a must-acquire property, but more of a "worth a shot if he's that cheap".   That's seldom a formula for finding teams that will overpay.

The other part - it's a very heavy 2021 draft class for T's.    Not just top-end talent, but the day 2 talent pool is very good.   I just don't think teams are going to pay for anyone who's lost a little shine off their lustre.    The teams that own guys are always going to value the rookie-deals guys the most.  Guess we'll find out soon enough.

31 others? He hasn't played in nearly that many games dude.

Dillard didn't play in 2020 you have no idea what you're talking about.

• Like 1

This is for context purposes:

The 2017-2020 Chiefs had a top 5 offense 4 years in a row.

• Fisher played in 54 and 8 out of a possible 64 and 9
  • Schwartz played in 54 and 6
    • The Chiefs had at least one of them in 63 and 8
      • SB and that meaningless week 17 vs the Chargers
  • Mahomes played in 46 and 8
  • Kelce played in 62 and 9*  (left the Tennessee BS playoff game early with a cheap shot concussion)
  • Tyreek Hill played in 58 and 9

Of course Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill are most important, but those guys were rock walls in that fortress.

It won't be as bad as the Super Bowl but those guys will be missed.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

We don't really know that even. Good chance that Hurts was picked because Doug wanted him, and now Lurie is telling Roseman that he wants Hurts to be the starter for this year. I think Sirianni and Roseman will both get at least 3 full seasons. Wouldn't make sense for Lurie to keep Roseman and then decide one season later to kick him aside and have a new GM come in with Sirianni being a lame duck.

But did Doug make the pick? You have all these stories about Roseman hiring coaches that Doug had no interest in yet he had to deal with roseman's coaches, so would it be out of the realm that Roseman did the draft too? Your never going to get the real story on who wanted Hurts. You dump Roseman next year you dump Sirianni too. Teams do it all the time. Look at last year Gase had the jets fire Mac and then they hired his guy douglas in which he turned around and got gase canned so who knows how it will play out, with Roseman still in office the real stories will be blamed on Wentz and Doug to make Roseman look good.

37 minutes ago, Danger said:

31 others? He hasn't played in nearly that many games dude.

Dillard didn't play in 2020 you have no idea what you're talking about.

Fair enough on 31 - it's reflecting 2 seasons on the roster, 31 games played isn't accurate, but my point stands.    Philly is valuing Dillard's sell value a lot higher than buyers will see, if the supply outweighs demand.    You're pointing out 1 good game as the reason why teams would be interested. 

What value are you thinking?  If it's a 1st - zero chance anyone is paying that, with only 2 cheap years left, and 5th year options now suddenly being locked in full guaranteed, and at higher rates.   If it's not a 1st, what value is good enough?  For how cheap he is, and the return, IMO it's far better to keep Dillard - again, if Malaita is the answer and better than Dillard, great.  But it's not a situation where 2 years left of Dillard is going to be this hot property that teams are looking to overpay - that's my point.    Honestly, no need to get worked up about it.   

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Behind that OL? It isn't if, it's when.

KC might want to bring in Russell Wilson, too. Y'know, for when Watson gets hurt...

There will be so many demoralizing injuries that they might need a character coach or two?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, samsel23 said:

These are 2 out of about 6 moves that should happen.   I imagine we’ll pick up a vet LT in FA.   OL still needs to be a priority in the draft though. 

I agree with both moves

Yall got money for that?