Miami Dolphins Free Agency Thread

Emerica

I still think a wr is likely going to be signed. I had hoped for Godwin. I think Galloday will receive a bigger payday from another team. I want to avoid Juju. I wouldn't mind Marvin Jones (at a non superstar salary 10ish mill a year versus 17-18) if Galloday proves out of our reach. 

I read Flores would like to have Fitz back. I like Fitz and while his coming off the bench last year was understandable, it was also a distraction. If Tua is the guy then sink or swim with him this year. If you want to sign Fitz as a capable backup and keep him in case of injury I am all for it, but that specter of last years dynamic will be there.  

Edited by Phinsesq

I want Curtis Samuel.  Seems like the best fit to complement the big receivers in Parker and Williams.  Add one of the big 3 WRs in the 1st round and now we're cooking.  He should theoretically be a good deal cheaper than the Golladays or JuJus of the world.

• Like 2

Curtis Samuel?  Yes!!!  JuJu and Golladay look too much like Williams and Parker.......Bigger lengthy recievers that don't get much separation but win with leverage and length.  I like that Samuel gets separation in and out of his breaks and his RAC ability is a big plus.  WR=Draft 1 and add 1 through FA.

I'm still hoping to see us make a push for OG Joe Thuney, although it's looking unlikely we will have the cap room to compete with some other OL needy teams.  Even with the Wilson trade, we need an influx of capable OLine players.  Definitely draft an Interior OLineman early ( no later than round 3 ) and maybe add another in FA.  We need a Center and OG upgrade IMO.  We want to run power gap dominating blocking schemes, so lets invest quality picks on IOL.

I'm not big on spending a lot on this RB FA class.  Aaron Jones has a nice skillset, but he isn't going to make a lot yards after contact and IMO wouldn't look nearly as good behind our OL and QB as he does in GB.  He has better vision than Gaskin and is probably a little faster, but not enough to overpay for.  Draft 1 early......round 2, maybe even round 1.

ILB......Draft 1 early ( no later than round 3 ) and add 1 in FA.....  Jayon Brown ILB Titans?  Matt Milano ILB Bills?  I would be happy to bring back McMillan provided we put a LB that can cover next to him.

Love the idea of Samuel. He will come at half the cost or even less than the “elite guys”. 

Not sure why people want to cut bait from Preston Williams. He is CHEAP and very talented. Yes he has had two injuries but the guy can ball. Keep Bowden and Perry. Cut everyone else. 

Hindsight is 20/20 but how nice would it have been if Grier would have drafted Winfield Jr instead of Igbangone. McCain and or Rowe would already be cut. I do think Brandon Jones has a bright future. 

Guys I love in FA this year are..... (not many)

Samuel-WR ($7-9m year)

Lindsley-C (good leader for young OL)

Reddick -Edge (don’t overpay)

Maybe Clowney but only if you can get him in a Ogbah type deal thats team friendly.

• Like 1

It feels like there is going to be an absurd amount of talent available in FA with the cap going down. I think for once teams may have the leverage in free agency over the players. We may see cheaper deals than we've been used to in the past.

A lot of big names being released around the league

Edited by Emerica

On 3/11/2021 at 8:51 PM, Tetsujin said:

As for LBs, nobody is discussing Alex Anzalone. He was a good talent coming out of college, had some injury issues but is young with upside. Maybe we can get a deal on him.

Pass on Anzalone.  Thought he was over drafted coming out of college.  He has the measurables but doesn't do anything particularly well.  I view him as a slightly under average NFL LB.  Additionally, he has a lengthy injury history both in College and the NFL.

A LB no one is talking about that we should go after?  Cleveland's Jayon Brown.  26 yrs old and is one of the best Coverage LB's in the game.  IMO he and Perryman ( 28 yrs old and from Miami ) could make a dynamite ILB tandem.  Both would cost us around 15-16 mil per season.  10 mil for Brown and 4-5 mil for Perryman.

Edited by Swampbilly

Don't want to look to much into it but this was tweeted 5 minutes after the McKinney - Lawson trade was announced. If there is interest on his part, I can't see us not being interested in him. Pretty obvious that edge is now a big need for us.

Upgrading from Roberts to McKinney and then Shaq Lawson to Carl Lawson would be a pretty good start to the offseason. I have great confidence in this management and it feels really good as a Dolphins fan.

• Like 1