Miami Dolphins Free Agency Thread

Emerica

11 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

Do the Raiders have any linemen left?

Only Kolton Miller from their starting OL i think. They released Incognito, Gabe Jackson. Traded Trent Brown and now released Hudson. Apparently Hudson asked to be released

9 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Only Kolton Miller from their starting OL i think. They released Incognito, Gabe Jackson. Traded Trent Brown and now released Hudson. Apparently Hudson asked to be released

Gruden having control over personnel does not appear to be working out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Our new backup QB. Could've done at lot worse

Ooh.  I like that signing.  He's had plenty of opportunity to show that he's not long-term starting material so there won't be any QB controversy, but he's also not so pathetic that he couldn't eek out a win or two if Tua got hurt.  Assuming the price is right, that's a good move.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Tandem with Najee or Etienne? Don't know much about this guy.

I’m personally a big fan of his. Not the fastest guy in the world. He rarely failed to convert on 3rd-4th and Short, especially when the Rams needed it most. He came up big many times. He also has sneaky good balance and athleticism. Every time I see his toe tap touchdown vs the Saints my jaw drops. I really recommend YouTubing that. Gonna miss watching the guy play. He will be a great change of pace back with pretty good hands and can block well. Rams used him a ton on 3rd. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

Solid guy I don't expect him to push for the starting spot. They will still draft a rb.

I agree.  even if we didn't draft a RB, Brown would be the backup behind Gaskin.  Don't get me wrong I really like Brown's tough running style and capable hands in the receiving game, but he doesn't have the best vision or speed and you aren't going to see him run the outside zone or perform any jump cuts.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

I agree.  even if we didn't draft a RB, Brown would be the backup behind Gaskin.  Don't get me wrong I really like Brown's tough running style and capable hands in the receiving game, but he doesn't have the best vision or speed and you aren't going to see him run the outside zone or perform any jump cuts.

I agree he is basically a better version of Jordan Howard. Of course it is hard to be  a worse version of Jordan Howard. 

Edited by Phinsesq
  • Like 1

He's a fine short yardage back to add.  With Gaskin/Ahmed already here as change of pace/3rd down backs, adding a rotational short yardage back was key.  Now they can get whoever the heck they want in the draft without worrying whether or not they have someone capable of getting those tough yards.

• Like 1