Miami Dolphins Free Agency Thread

Emerica

17 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

Needed a backup and got a quality backup. I'd like to know how much was spent. 

Brissett is joining Miami for a one-year contract that includes $5 million in guaranteed money and another $2.5 million in incentives, ESPN reported.

Answered my own question. Very affordable for a capable back up. 

• Like 1

Depth CB to compete with Needham and Igbo for nickel. No issues here.

Karras returns to NE. Bodes well for our pursuit of Andrews. We'll see how that goes.

Edited by Emerica

9 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Depth CB to compete with Needham and Igbo for nickel. No issues here.

Karras returns to NE. Bodes well for our pursuit of Andrews. We'll see how that goes.

Like the Coleman signing, interesting with Karras signing a 1 year 4 million deal. might have been worth keeping at that price, depending on what Andrews wants. 

Free Agency got me thinking....

A. They like Albert Wilson more than we think...

B. They aren't going to cut Grant or Wilson unless they sign someone else.  Parker, Williams, Wilson, Grant, Bowden and Perry already on the roster.  Someone has to go.  

C. They know they are getting one of the Big 3 in the draft and don't feel they need to spend big in FA.  Which I am fine with.  Chase, Smith and Waddle will all be cheaper and probably better than any FA on the market.  And will be 5-6 years younger.  

D. Edge, WR and RB will be addressed in draft.  

E. Saving Cap Room this year will only benefit 2022 (which will probably be the best Super Bowl window).  Cap will probably go up $20-30mil and you get to carry over cap you didn't use. Plus they will have to possibly pay X and Baker some coin. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, FinSting said:

It's like trading Davon Godchaux for Adam Butler.

This is good. 

While also adding $7 million in cap space over the next 2 years.  Very savvy move there.

47 minutes ago, Rgossett07 said:

Free Agency got me thinking....

A. They like Albert Wilson more than we think...

B. They aren't going to cut Grant or Wilson unless they sign someone else.  Parker, Williams, Wilson, Grant, Bowden and Perry already on the roster.  Someone has to go.  

C. They know they are getting one of the Big 3 in the draft and don't feel they need to spend big in FA.  Which I am fine with.  Chase, Smith and Waddle will all be cheaper and probably better than any FA on the market.  And will be 5-6 years younger.  

D. Edge, WR and RB will be addressed in draft.  

E. Saving Cap Room this year will only benefit 2022 (which will probably be the best Super Bowl window).  Cap will probably go up $20-30mil and you get to carry over cap you didn't use. Plus they will have to possibly pay X and Baker some coin. 

A.  How the hell could they even know this at this point?  Dude hasn't been on the field in 2 years.

B.  And that makes sense.  No need to cut a guy just to cut him, considering the cap space is looking good.  

C.  I still would be shocked if a WR isn't added in FA.  Grier is playing the WR FA market perfectly so far, IMO.  He's not caving on any of their demands, and given that none of Golladay/JJSS/Samuel have signed yet, the chances are good that he can come away with one of them on a relative bargain.  

D.  Without a doubt.  

E.  Having cap room is never a bad thing going forward.

Also have to remember Miami has 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds. All those guys most likely will make the roster so you cant go out and sign guys you might have to cut in September. 

Probably several post June 1 cuts coming. Especially if they move back in draft and pick up an additional second rounder. 

Feel bad for this years FA class. There just no money.