Miami Dolphins Free Agency Thread

Emerica

41 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

I'm dreading the thought that they miss on Golladay and pay big money to Juju or Fuller would seem like a Miami thing to do. 

I don't see Miami panic spending this offseason at all, and they don't need to.  With 5 draft picks in the first 3 rounds (before any potential trade downs from 3), they have the ammo to bring in multiple starters via the draft.  Yes, it would be more ideal to sign at least one FA WR and get Andrews on a solid deal for C, but I'm perfectly content with the team continuing to stick to their price points on players.  

Edit:  But I'm still a bit sad that Samuel wasn't brought in.  I thought he would have been an ideal fit for this offense and for Tua's skillset.

Edited by hrubes20

39 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

I'm dreading the thought that they miss on Golladay and pay big money to Juju or Fuller would seem like a Miami thing to do. 

If I were a betting man I'd say we don't get any of them. It seems like Golladay and Giants are pretty far along pending clearance from their doctors. Haven't heard our name as part of the suitors for JuJu and with us looking for value deals, I don't know if there's a fit there. Seems like NYJ are square into the JuJu sweepstakes. Have not heard anything about Fuller, I think he'd be the most likely option for us out of the three at this juncture.

Maybe they are content with taking a receiver in the draft and looking at the trade market at this point.

7 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I don't see Miami panic spending this offseason at all, and they don't need to.  With 5 draft picks in the first 3 rounds (before any potential trade downs from 3), they have the ammo to bring in multiple starters via the draft.  Yes, it would be more ideal to sign at least one FA WR and get Andrews on a solid deal for C, but I'm perfectly content with the team continuing to stick to their price points on players.  

Edit:  But I'm still a bit sad that Samuel wasn't brought in.  I thought he would have been an ideal fit for this offense and for Tua's skillset.

Pat McAfee was talking about Indy and their lack of FA activity according to him, his sources in the organization were saying their lack of activity is calculated because of current players that are going to be due and the interest in keeping capital to extend/keep them. I don't mind Miami taking this approach either. 

6 minutes ago, Emerica said:

If I were a betting man I'd say we don't get any of them. It seems like Golladay and Giants are pretty far along pending clearance from their doctors. Haven't heard our name as part of the suitors for JuJu and with us looking for value deals, I don't know if there's a fit there. Seems like NYJ are square into the JuJu sweepstakes. Have not heard anything about Fuller, I think he'd be the most likely option for us out of the three at this juncture.

Maybe they are content with taking a receiver in the draft and looking at the trade market at this point.

I definitely think they are drafting a wr early, regardless of FA moves. I agree the Jets appear interested in Juju. Fuller, I have read Green Bay has interest, my problem with him is the same problem I have with Parker, he can't stay on the field.

I wish Miami had been on the phone with the Raiders for Center Hudson. A 3rd from AZ for him and a 6th, his cap number was affordable. 

Its easy to sit on the sidelines and second guess moves or lack there of, but cutting Van Noy and then doing little to seem to necessitate or justify the move is frustrating. 

26 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

He’s a smaller, finesse C. I think we like bigger stronger guys.

He definitely isn't Creed Humphrey from Oklahoma, who I hope they can get in the 2nd but if they could have gotten a good center for a 3rd allowing the 2nd round capital to be spent elsewhere seemed like a good deal to me. 

How bout we give T.Y. Hilton a shot. Could be a low-risk, potential high reward. He's not going to be a long term answer but if he wants to be home and comes cheap, it could be a good buy-low option. I'd rather have him than Jakeem Grant catching deep balls. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 9:06 AM, Emerica said:

Depth CB to compete with Needham and Igbo for nickel. No issues here.

I can't speak to how he played in Detroit, but Coleman was a tenacious nickel corner for us 2 years ago. Signed for big money on the open market with Detroit. Really good flyer for this defense. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Emerica said:

How bout we give T.Y. Hilton a shot. Could be a low-risk, potential high reward. He's not going to be a long term answer but if he wants to be home and comes cheap, it could be a good buy-low option. I'd rather have him than Jakeem Grant catching deep balls. 

Well I wouldn't say Grant is 'catching' deep balls...

4 hours ago, Emerica said:

That’s why I’m not a betting man.

17 minutes ago, Emerica said:

That’s why I’m not a betting man.

At least it is a 1 yr prove it deal which is likely affordable-ish, though he is suspended the 1st game of the season already. I am not thrilled by it but at least if he is in the game those deep balls are more likely to be caught. Here is to hoping he makes me look like a fool for not believing in him.  

1 year 10 million. I am okay with that. 

Edited by Phinsesq
added reported contract amount.