My Mock from Maine

jetfuel34

Okay guys this is what I would like to see the Jets do.

FA

Thuney G

Sammy Watkins WR

Hasson Reddick OLB

Richard Sherman CB

Ju JU WR

Draft

1 (2) Jets trade away the pick to Atlanta. Jets get pick 4 pick 35 and next years 1st and 3rd round pick. This is alomst even on the points.

1 (4) Jets take Zach Wilson BYU QB.  I think everyone his high on Justin Fields because no one is talking about him. Atlanta wants him and move up. Miami takes either Chase or Sewell. 

1 (23) Jets trade this pick and Sam Darnold to the 49ers for pick 12. The 49ers want to bring Sam back to the bay area and he will do fine there.

1 (12) Jets take Patrick Surtain Jr. Ala. CB. I think he will be a very good CB 1 that we need. Him and Sherman as the CB will be a huge jump from last year.

2 (34) Jets take Najee Harris Ala. RB. I think one of the RB fall to the top of the second round. I just don't see two RB going in the first. I'm not happy with this but Saleh wants to run the ball and Harris can be a 3 down back. 

2 (35 from Atl) Jets take Wyatt Davis Ohio State G. He will come in and start with Thuney as the 2 new G. 

3 (66) Jets take Creed Humphrey Okla C. We continue with the rebuild and he will be starting C by the end of the season. 

3 (87) Jets take Quincy Roche Miami Edge. He may be the edge guy we have misssed for all these years. I think a lot of D guys drop in the draft beacuase the D guys are weak this year,

4 (108) Jets take Hunter Long BC TE. This is a good spot to get our TE and hope he can be like a Hunter Henry type guy. 

5 (147) Jets take Chauncey Golston Iowa DL. I think he can fill that DE spot that we need. 

5(155) Jets take Trey Sermon Ohio State RB. I think he falls with the injury and him and Harris could be a very good 1-2 punch. 

6 (197) Jets take Cornell Powell Clemson WR. He can probably take over Crowder spot in a year or 2. 

7 (251) Jets take Justin Hilliard Ohio State LB.  He can help out on special teams and might even get a spot start.

Next years draft we will have 3 first round picks ( Atlanta, Jets and Seattle)

I also think that CJ Mosley will be a beast in Saleh D.

Let me know what you think. 

• Like 1

Haason Reddick is 6'1", 235 pounds. He is no longer a fit for us. We have to remember our "edge" rushers are going to be bigger now because we are going with a San Fran style of defense. Kerry Hyder is 6'2", 275. Arik Armstead is 6'7", 290. Nick Bosa is 6'4", 266 pounds. 

Let's remember this when we talk edge rushers. The guys you wanted before are not the guys this regime is going to be looking for. 

Unless you want Reddick to play the Dee Ford role for us? That is going to be one expensive situational pass rusher.

I'm sure we could get Ford for a lot less than Reddick to reprise the same role here.

I just can’t see JD drafting 2 RB’s. My guess is he will get a FA RB since they are not too pricey. Sermon in the 5th would be awesome but I really think he goes in the 3rd. I would definitely take him in the third. Roche, like Reddick, is a bit undersized to play edge. There is too much smoke around Wilson not to be selected at 2. Even if he wasn’t it is real chancy to trade down and hope one Fields or Wilson is there.

On 3/11/2021 at 11:21 AM, jetfuel34 said:

Okay guys this is what I would like to see the Jets do.

FA

Thuney G

Sammy Watkins WR

Hasson Reddick OLB

Richard Sherman CB

Ju JU WR

Draft

1 (2) Jets trade away the pick to Atlanta. Jets get pick 4 pick 35 and next years 1st and 3rd round pick. This is alomst even on the points.

1 (4) Jets take Zach Wilson BYU QB.  I think everyone his high on Justin Fields because no one is talking about him. Atlanta wants him and move up. Miami takes either Chase or Sewell. 

1 (23) Jets trade this pick and Sam Darnold to the 49ers for pick 12. The 49ers want to bring Sam back to the bay area and he will do fine there.

1 (12) Jets take Patrick Surtain Jr. Ala. CB. I think he will be a very good CB 1 that we need. Him and Sherman as the CB will be a huge jump from last year.

2 (34) Jets take Najee Harris Ala. RB. I think one of the RB fall to the top of the second round. I just don't see two RB going in the first. I'm not happy with this but Saleh wants to run the ball and Harris can be a 3 down back. 

2 (35 from Atl) Jets take Wyatt Davis Ohio State G. He will come in and start with Thuney as the 2 new G. 

3 (66) Jets take Creed Humphrey Okla C. We continue with the rebuild and he will be starting C by the end of the season. 

3 (87) Jets take Quincy Roche Miami Edge. He may be the edge guy we have misssed for all these years. I think a lot of D guys drop in the draft beacuase the D guys are weak this year,

4 (108) Jets take Hunter Long BC TE. This is a good spot to get our TE and hope he can be like a Hunter Henry type guy. 

5 (147) Jets take Chauncey Golston Iowa DL. I think he can fill that DE spot that we need. 

5(155) Jets take Trey Sermon Ohio State RB. I think he falls with the injury and him and Harris could be a very good 1-2 punch. 

6 (197) Jets take Cornell Powell Clemson WR. He can probably take over Crowder spot in a year or 2. 

7 (251) Jets take Justin Hilliard Ohio State LB.  He can help out on special teams and might even get a spot start.

Next years draft we will have 3 first round picks ( Atlanta, Jets and Seattle)

I also think that CJ Mosley will be a beast in Saleh D.

Let me know what you think. 

While on a whole the draft is not bad, but Wilson will not be available at 4. However perhaps the Jets think that there are other QB's that will be available that will develop into franchise players. So I will leave the door open. Hunter Long will be long gone by round 4, Harris will not make it to the 34th pick. But an OL in the later first round I'm good with.