2021 Mock Off-Season Anybody?

DoleINGout

20 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don't think BB is going to draft a QB early in the draft.  It just doesn't seem like has enough time left in his coaching career to start all over grooming a rookie.  I could actually see him going after Teddy Bridgewater for the Pats.  Teddy isn't going to knock anybody over with his arm strength, but if put in the right situation, Teddy is very good because he doesn't turn the ball over and doesn't try to do things he isn't capable of doing, like trying to fit a ball into too small of a window.  I could see Belichick putting together a system that could be very successful with Teddy.

As for draft prospects, I have to admit to not knowing enough about the Patriots' current needs to have a very good opinion.  Sorry.  :(

Teddy B and Jimmy G were options we looked into for the Pats but their contracts were too expensive. Tua Tagovailoa was also offered by the Dolphins for our first at one point but that deal was bever official and fell through.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

Teddy B and Jimmy G were options we looked into for the Pats but their contracts were too expensive. Tua Tagovailoa was also offered by the Dolphins for our first at one point but that deal was bever official and fell through.

OK, I can see that.  The cap is killing just about everybody this year.  I think Teddy would have been great otherwise, and he wouldn't have cost an arm and a leg to acquire.  That's a shame.  I'd love to see Teddy get a ring.  I wouldn't mind seeing Bill get another one either, because IMO, people have been downgrading him far too much since Tom Brady won one with the Bucs.  Brady is definitely the GOAT, but BB is assuredely just as clearly the GOAT when it comes to coaching.  They were good for each other.

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Mason Rudolph

I will change teams if this ever happened.

Juilo Jones,

I don't see making any move with a aging veetrin. He will be bored by the 6th week with the guys throwing the ball.

Russell Okung,

Picked before Trent trade i assume.

The player I would like to see the Pats sign are , Chris Samuel or Nelson Agholor and Jonnu Smith. That's it on the offensive side of the ball.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Picked before Trent trade i assume.

Yip

Also Julio is a Saban guy and on a playoff contending team with BB I don't see Jones quitting at all. I agree with ya but Jones is one of the few guys I could see being enticing enough for Bill.

The Rudolph trade was cheap and he showed a lot of progress last season when filling in. Great deep ball and better option than any of the Pats 2020 QB's. Mariota and another year for Stidham should be enough if that were even the group put together. Enough that is with a great defense and improved TE/WR's.

Edited by DoleINGout

27 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Correct sir.

Also, enjoy:

Draft

15 traded to KC for 31,63, 2022 2nd
pick 31  Zac Collins
pick 46  Baron Browning
pick 63 Amon- Ra-St Brown
pick 96 Jackson Carman
pick 120 Kellen Mond
pick 139 Drake Jackson
pick 158 Kylin Stills
pick 194 Anthony Schwartz
pick 196 Khyiris Tonga
pick 241 Tedarrell Slaton

FA signing

Yannick Ngakoue

Adam Humphries

Sheldon Rankins

• Like 1

I'll take a stab at it.. i'm more of the feeling that we should rebuild through the draft so I haven't done much research on free agents... but here are my thoughts: 

Free Agency:   

• Jonnu Smith 4 yr
  • Dalvin Tomlinson 3 yr
  • Trey Hendrickson 3 yr

Resign: 

• David Andrews 3yr
  • Jason McCourty 1yr ( Sticks around as depth then retires with his brother after the season)
  • Damiere Byrd 1yr ( He did better than expected, I think the team would want him as a veteran option to see how he does with a good QB, then let the rookies overtake him throughout the season) 

Trades: 

• Patriots trade N'Keal Harry and 5th round pick to Jaguars for Gardner Minshew

Draft: 

• Patriots trade Gilmore to Titans for 53 
  • Patriots trade 15 to Bears for 20 & 84
  • Patriots trade 20 to Browns for 26 & 90
  • Patriots trade 26 to Denver for 40 & 71

• 2nd, 40: Nick Bolton LB
    • He's smaller than BB wants at LB but that's the direction of the league, this guy is legit
  • 2nd, 47: Liam Eichenberg LT 
    • Replacement for Wynn after this season
  • 2nd, 53 : Ifeatu Melifonwu CB
    • A few options here but I think BB will like the idea of having a taller corner who can cover bigger receivers 
  • 3rd, 71 : Patrick Jones II, Edge
  • 3rd, 84 Tyler Shelvin DT 
  • 3rd, 90:  Demeric Felton RB
    • Experience at RB and WR, could turn into a Curtis Samuel type at the next level and help
  • 3rd comp: D'Wayne Eskridge WR
    • 4.33 speed, undersized which is why he will fall and a bit older .. he would be a start on this offense day 1
  • 4th: Jaelon Darden WR
    • Fast, shifty and will make the league regret not picking him earlier 
    • I think he could play in and outside of the slot 
  • 4th comp: Quinn Meinerz C/OG
  • 6thEvan McPherson K
    • Yay a kicker
  • 6th: Sam Ehlinger
    • Developmental QB to go along with Stidham behind Minshew
  • 7th: Zech McPhearson CB
    • Special Teams

Note: Two players I really think the Patriots will want are Amari Rodgers and Elijah Moore .. both would be amazing but I have a feeling each goes earlier than BB wants and he loses out on them. I expect defense early then a jump on offense in the middle rounds. Both of those guys I think will be gone in the 2nd round.

Edited by Crimmage
  • Like 1

I followed even less CFB this year than usual, so I don’t have much input on prospects (again, even less than usual).

Based on what I’ve seen/heard/read, I am a Mac Jones guy. Think our OL is built to protect a QB inside the pocket (rather than be on the move), and that’s definitely something you’d want with Mac. Think if you keep the guy protected he can develop into something nice.

Bateman seems like a great target too, assuming the big 3 are gone. 

Parsons to me is gone by 15. 

Unlike many Pats fans (apparently), I want to keep JC long term, even as a #1 CB. Not for anything record breaking, but I wouldn’t mind shelling out the dollars he deserves. Ideal scenario is hit him with a high tender and see what the market bears. 

I’d have liked to keep Thuney too, but that’s obviously unlikely now. Andrews is a must though, unless they assume Onwenu and Wynn can both shift over. Even then that leaves the team leaning on Cannon more than I’d like. 

WR wise, there are a lot of options I’d be interested in looking into. Davis, Samuels, and Golladay are obviously the top targets, but Kendrick Bourne, Demarcus Robinson, Keelan Cole, and Rashard Higgins all seem to be solid pieces in their roles. Might be worth seeing what a Marvin Jones or AJ Green can bring to the table. Wouldn’t be opposed to Humphries or Brown. 

• Like 1

@m haynes @Crimmage @ToonPatriot @JohnCena @1ForTheThumb @ChazStandard @LaFellSBXLIXMVP @jofos @Starless @Hunter2_1 @SBLIII @PatriotsWin! @CP3MVP @Yin-Yang @dhunt2402 @Uncle Buck @LD696 @biggie. @scottishpatriot @Troy Brown @The Third Rider @IheartMyV8 @Dan33185 @Asciimo @mission27 @goldfishwars 

Any particular signing or prospect you want to mock to the Pats this year? Or an ideal move at least if not a full off-season?

Mac J

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

@m haynes @Crimmage @ToonPatriot @JohnCena @1ForTheThumb @ChazStandard @LaFellSBXLIXMVP @jofos @Starless @Hunter2_1 @SBLIII @PatriotsWin! @CP3MVP @Yin-Yang @dhunt2402 @Uncle Buck @LD696 @biggie. @scottishpatriot @Troy Brown @The Third Rider @IheartMyV8 @Dan33185 @Asciimo @mission27 @goldfishwars 

Any particular signing or prospect you want to mock to the Pats this year? Or an ideal move at least if not a full off-season?

Pitts 

1st round:

DE's Gregory Rousseau or Jaylen Philips

2nd round trade up if Mac Jones is available (some mockers are saying he'll be there early in the second) or Trade down if not. We should get a 3rd plus a 2nd in 2022, right?

Now It's too hard for me to point any names in the 3rd round but I have a feeling there are a lot of talent on D hidden in this year's draft because of the pandemics (look at NFL too, Ds looked like crap all year. Herbert set all time records for rookies and Burrow was on pace with him before the injury. Multiple QBs had career years or a significant bump in their numbers last year. Rodgers had his best season since 2011, a year where the Ds also suffered because of lack of proper trainning. So yeh, this year supposedly lack of great talent on D may be explained by the pandemic

Maybe WRs Tatu Atwell or Tylan Wallace in the 3rd if either is available to replace Edelman. Not sure.