NBA Fantasy Draft - Discussion Thread - Draft Starts Noon EST on 3/14

MKnight82

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

@beekay414 why would you trade down 7 spots in the 5th to move up 7 spots in the 6th?

Wanted a better shot at a 6th man over my 5th starter and with the reaction of the supposed fit issue likely effecting the voting, I decided to switch it up. I had an idea I wanted to run with that Green/Giannis/Porzingis backcourt but it didn't register easily enough. Felt like that negative reaction was going to cause issues so took another chance. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Wanted a better shot at a 6th man over my 5th starter and with the reaction of the supposed fit issue likely effecting the voting, I decided to switch it up. I had an idea I wanted to run with that Green/Giannis/Porzingis backcourt but it didn't register easily enough. Felt like that negative reaction was going to cause issues so took another chance. 

So you're trying to influence the voting?  If only there were another way...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So you're trying to influence the voting?  If only there were another way...

No. You influenced the voting by questioning the fit. Not blaming you at all, we all do it at some point in draft discussion threads. Just stating the facts.

And, for the last time, I never said we shouldn't do the 2K sim. I literally said it was a fun idea. 

Edited by beekay414

I was originally looking at Marcus Smart to put at SG but after losing out on him 3 picks before mine, it made me dig a little deeper and I'm pretty happy to come away with Oladipo, who is a better scorer than Smart, has a similar wingspan, and is top 10 this year in defensive real plus minus, so he still fits in with the team defense I am looking for paired with Kawhi and Capela.  Trae Young is there for offense, so I definitely needed another guard that could match up with the other teams top scorers.

Oddly enough, in researching shooting guards I found out that Julius Randle is grading out very well defensively this year.  He's also shooting 3's at above 40%, which will help me space out with Capella being purely an inside presence.

• Like 1