NBA Fantasy Draft - Discussion Thread - Draft Starts Noon EST on 3/14

MKnight82

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Robinsons Defensive Real Plus Minus stat is pretty elite this year.  I’m glad I held off on my 5th starter, allowed me to grab Kemba as my 6th man.

It's funny. You look at DRPM and he's positive but then look at DPBM and he's negative. I typically put more weight into BB-Ref's stuff but it's just interesting how they rate these guys defensively.

Just now, beekay414 said:

It's funny. You look at DRPM and he's positive but then look at DPBM and he's negative. I typically put more weight into BB-Ref's stuff but it's just interesting how they rate these guys defensively.

Good point.  Obviously his strength is shooting.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Good point.  Obviously his strength is shooting.

I only noticed because I ran into the same issue with Ingles. On BB-Ref, he's been a positive defender his entire career. RPM has him as a minor negative. Ingles is a legit smart defender so I was kinda baffled with the RPM rating.

15 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Pretty surprised Barrett is still hanging around. 

I discussed with someone else about him that was considering him earlier. I am not a big fan, but at this point you couldn't hate it. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

He's been good this year, flown under the radar big time. I feel like he's an exceptional 6th man at this point.

Yeah, no qualms with that in this draft. The one I'm targeting isn't as good even if it probably is his role. 

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

He's been good this year, flown under the radar big time. I feel like he's an exceptional 6th man at this point.

Yeah, I thought about Barrett as my starting SG, but went with a little more experience in Oladipo who is more proven as a scorer and defender.  Barrett has improved a lot defensively this year, using his length a lot better.  I think offensively he'll get a lot more efficient in a few years once he has the reps.  I'm a fan of the talent, he's still on his way though.  Had this been a dynasty type of thing, I may have gone Barrett, but in a one year contest, Oladipo made more sense.

Ok lets get back on schedule today fellas.  I have a schedule posted, @Flatlyner you have until 1:00 est to make your pick. Everyone today has a schedule 1 hour window to pick. 

If we get significantly ahead of schedule, if a pick goes unmade for 3 hours between the EST hours of noon-10:00pm you will be skipped from now on.