NBA Fantasy Draft - Discussion Thread - Draft Starts Noon EST on 3/14

MKnight82

Now that we're getting deep into the bench, I'm looking for some particular roles.  Quickley can be a quick scoring boost off the bench, and he's been coming on more and more as the season has progressed.  Over his last 7, he's averaging 18 ppg from a bench role, which is exactly what I need.  Quickley can be a SG or a 3rd PG if I need it.

Trae Young / Patrick Beverly
Victor Oladipo / Immanuel Quickley
Kawhi Leonard / Harrison Barnes
Julius Randle
Clint Capela / Jonas Valanciunas

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Now that we're getting deep into the bench, I'm looking for some particular roles.  Quickley can be a quick scoring boost off the bench, and he's been coming on more and more as the season has progressed.  Over his last 7, he's averaging 18 ppg from a bench role, which is exactly what I need.  Quickley can be a SG or a 3rd PG if I need it.

Trae Young / Patrick Beverly
Victor Oladipo / Immanuel Quickley
Kawhi Leonard / Harrison Barnes
Julius Randle
Clint Capela / Jonas Valanciunas

Quickley has been one of the most surprising rookies in the league this season. When the Knicks took him in the 1st round this year, I was like WTF are they doing. But it has worked out pretty well for them. He has actually been much better than Obi Toppin. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Quickley has been one of the most surprising rookies in the league this season. When the Knicks took him in the 1st round this year, I was like WTF are they doing. But it has worked out pretty well for them. He has actually been much better than Obi Toppin. 

Some guys just know how to put the ball in the bucket better than most.  Seems like Quickley is one of those guys.

4 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

bro can't play 4 minutes without getting exhausted. whole team roasts him for being one of the most unprofessional and laziest dudes in the league. 

He was supposed to be Porzingis on offense and Gobert on defense. 

Looking at recent Magic draft history and man it's pretty bad. 

2013 - Victor Oladipo (#2 overall)

2014 - Aaron Gordon (#4 overall)

2015 - Mario Hezonja (#5 overall)

2016 - Domantas Sabonis (#11 overall) - Traded for Serge Ibaka (lol)

2017 - Jonathan Isaac (#6 overall)

2018 - Mo Bamba (#6 overall)

2019 - Chuma Okeke (#16 overall)

2020 - Cole Anthony (#15 overall) 

Just now, NYRaider said:

He was supposed to be Porzingis on offense and Gobert on defense. 

Looking at recent Magic draft history and man it's pretty bad. 

2013 - Victor Oladipo (#2 overall)

2014 - Aaron Gordon (#4 overall)

2015 - Mario Hezonja (#5 overall)

2016 - Domantas Sabonis (#11 overall) - Traded for Serge Ibaka (lol)

2017 - Jonathan Isaac (#6 overall)

2018 - Mo Bamba (#6 overall)

2019 - Chuma Okeke (#16 overall)

2020 - Cole Anthony (#15 overall) 

i can't even **** on them. Dipo was my number one in 2013. in 2014 Exum was 1 and Gordon was my 2. 15 I wanted Mario. 16 i don't think igaf. 17 i wanted DSJ or Mitchell. 18 Bamba was my #1 prospect. 19' idaf. 20 i wanted cole. they've done pretty much i wanted every year lmao. 

honestly they've been super unlucky in the lotto tho too. missed out on a few easy-call superstars by one pick. 

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i can't even **** on them. Dipo was my number one in 2013. in 2014 Exum was 1 and Gordon was my 2. 15 I wanted Mario. 16 i don't think igaf. 17 i wanted DSJ or Mitchell. 18 Bamba was my #1 prospect. 19' idaf. 20 i wanted cole. they've done pretty much i wanted every year lmao. 

honestly they've been super unlucky in the lotto tho too. missed out on a few easy-call superstars by one pick. 

I never liked Aaron Gordon as a prospect, saw him as too much of a tweener. I was so excited for Dante Exum when we drafted him, I'll never forget Chad Ford saying he was the closest thing to a young Kobe he had ever seen. I think he meant Coby Karl. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I never liked Aaron Gordon as a prospect, saw him as too much of a tweener. I was so excited for Dante Exum when we drafted him, I'll never forget Chad Ford saying he was the closest thing to a young Kobe he had ever seen. I think he meant Coby Karl. 

he just had so much charisma in the predraft process. kinda like anthony edwards in the lead up process where it was like **** i don't know if this dudes gonna be good, but i just want this guy on my team i trust him to make it work. same **** with like oladipo... donovan mitchell had that. dame had it. sexton kinda had it. fox had it. jaylen had it. smart had it even tho he's not super good. more often than not, those dudes that just pop in the interviews just make it work.