Should Flacco be finished as a starting QB?

patriotsheatyan

Should Flacco be finished as a starting QB?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should Flacco be finished as a starting QB after this year?

• Yes
    • No, he's fine
    • None of these problems are his fault!
    • He should get one more chance?

He has not "Always been below average" this is revisionist nonsense.

He was a good QB until, like the vast majority of QB's, he started taking hits his body couldn't bounce back from and suffering multiple back injuries. His body cant handle or go as fast as his head is processing things anymore, and his arm has gotten worse which means he can't make throws he used too.

Injuries to himself, injuries to his team, lack luster receivers, lack of a run game, protection issues - these are all things that have occurred that are not in Flacco’s favor over the past couple of years. 

That said, I don’t think he’s a top 20 QB at this point in time, and if your QB is in the 21-32 range, I believe you ought to be actively looking for a better one. 

EDIT: You can also count me as a part of the group that doesn’t believe Flacco has always been bad. At his best, he was a very, very solid QB that often elevated that play in the playoffs. Never elite or a world beater, but a guy that can be a cog in a super bowl run. 

Flacco still has the talent. He occasionally does some things that aren't even physically possible for most QBs. And I've never believed that QBs just forget how to play. So until we actually put a functional OL in front of him and the offense still sucks, he's my guy. And if you haven't watched a Ravens game this year I can't even describe how bad this line is 

Anyone whose watched a ravens game over the past few seasons know it's the offense around Joe that's the problem, not joe himself. But still he is part of the problem, but we can't move on till 2019 cause money.

30 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Flacco still has the talent. He occasionally does some things that aren't even physically possible for most QBs. And I've never believed that QBs just forget how to play. So until we actually put a functional OL in front of him and the offense still sucks, he's my guy. And if you haven't watched a Ravens game this year I can't even describe how bad this line is 

The problem with that is that there are a considerable number of teams that have serious offensive line woes, yet their guys are still performing. The Texans' line is a mess, maybe one of the worst in football. Watson is still doing really well. Nobody is going to confuse the Chiefs starting lineup currently with being the Raiders, particularly after yesterday, yet up until yesterday, Smith had largely performed very well. Brady is taking a beating for the Pats. FO actually has the Ravens ranked #7 in pass protection through last week, which is pretty solid. Arizona's line has been abysmal, I still think Palmer looks better than Flacco by a not so small margin. 

58 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Bad offensive line play is kind of the new normal.  You're either one of the few teams that has been able to piece together a good line, or you need a QB that can scramble or is very good at moving around the pocket.

I'm not sure the Ravens should actively try to replace him (i recognize they probably can't because of that contract).  But if they find themselves in a position to take a QB in a draft the next couple of years, they probably should take the QB.

And yes, the Ravens have a lot of offensive troubles that aren't flacco.  That's very true.  They should be thinking about replacements to most of those players IMO.  Some of those guys aren't even good depth players.

He's not playing in the greatest circumstances but he's not exactly working with practice squad guys on offense, either. Most of his issues are his own. It starts with his footwork which, to my eyes, has clearly regressed over the last few years.

Archived