Roster Moves

Louis Friend

45 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Peter Schrager reporting the Lions are trying to make a move. Not knowing what the move is, I didn’t know where to put this. 

Saw this, such a vague tweet.  Really odd.  Working the phones sounds like trade talk more than signings. But then he says there not done adding, which is also odd because they haven’t really started adding.  

• Like 1

Hoping it is for either Rankins and or Reddick.  Rankins would be nice from the interior pass rushing aspect but Reddick offers pass rushing ability and speed from a position of extreme need, LB. Either one would be perfectly fine with me as long as they don't have to break the bank and over spend in order to land someone who will be good but limit spending in other key areas during a rebuild. The wrong move could set the rebuild back before it even truly begins. With that in mind, I think that Holmes and Campbell, albeit new to the GM and head coaching roles, are far more superior, intelligent, tactical, and just more common sense driven than Quinn and Patricia ever were or will be. They spent the majority of their time taking castoffs from a team that abused them by taking advantage of their inability to see talent, understand fit, and realize that they were constantly being scammed by the Patriots into trading for players that NE no longer had use for, and the whole time Quinn and Patricia thought that they were being sly and getting one over on NE, that is what I like to call getting PLAYED. They constantly thought they were the smartest ones in the room but they were usually the only ones in that room. This new group that has been put together is world class. They are not only great positional teachers and leaders but they are future head coaching candidates which leads me to believe that they will make the correct decisions not just the ones that they watch NFL network or ESPN project they should make. I fully trust their decisions and the processes they use in order to reach them. The FOUNDATION has been laid with the new GM, Head Coach and staff, now free agency comes along and we will begin to build the WALLS, next comes the draft which will build the INTERIOR LAYOUT, then the process of training camp and pre season to put the ROOF on, so by next season all of that hard work will have been done so when free agency begins and then the draft then training camp and pre season it won't be a building project, instead they will be doing the FINISH work inside and out and then all that is left is the DECORATING and that is what year 3 is going to be for.  That is how they will build this HOUSE, that is how they will build SUSTAINABILITY AND EXCELLENCE. The previous regime spent every year just trying to rebuild the foundation never even coming close to putting up the walls.  I apologize for the long rant but I was arguing with a possible former buddy who still thinks that Quinn and Patricia were not the problem because Stafford couldn't lead us to a title.  I say former buddy because i find it hard to be friends with people who, no matter how easily and simple you explain something to them, they stare at you like a dog does when you talk to them, and then the next words out of their mouth is always yeahbutt. Not everyone is born with common sense and that is one of goods cruel jokes I guess. 

• Like 2

Added DE Charles Harris.

I was thinking of the moves overall, and I like that the FO is going younger/cheaper for the next 1 to 2 years for the rebuild with these contracts.

QB:

Chase Daniel 34 yrs old

Tim Boyle 26 yrs old - 1 yr deal $2.5 million

RB:

Adrian Peterson 35 yrs old

Jamaal Williams 25 yrs old- 2 yr deal UP TO $7.5 million

WR:

Kenny Golladay 27 yrs old

Marvin Jones 31 yrs old

Danny Amendola 35 yrs old

Tyrell Williams 29 yrs old- 1 yr deal UP TO $6.2 million

Breshad Perriman 27 yrs old- 1 yr deal $3 million

Damion Ratley  25 Yrs old- ????????????

TE:

Jesse James 26 yrs old

Josh Hill 30 yrs old- 1 yr deal $1.2 million

DE:

Everson Griffen 33 yrs old

Charles Harris 26 yrs old- 1 yr deal $1.75 million

DT:

Danny Shelton 27 yrs old

Michael Brokers 30 yrs old- 3 yr deal $24 million

MLB:

Jarrad Davis 26 yrs old

Alex Anzalone 26 yrs old- 1 yr $1.75 million

K:

Matt Prater 36 yrs old

Randy Bullock 31 yrs old- 1 yr deal $1.5 million

KR/PR:

Jamal Agnew 25 yrs old

Kalif Raymond 26 yrs old- 1 yr deal ?????????????

Rumor has it the Lions and Brockers will discuss a new contract once he's back in the country. But so far, the Lions have signed no long term money. And the few positions they got older (TE and DT), the players were obvious upgrades. 

We'll see how the comp picks shake out next season, but I like the direction the FO has gone in free agency. 

Edited by Louis Friend

24 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Interesting on that Bullock move, if they go into the season with him as kicker it'll be the first time in my memory they don't have an icon at that position (barring injuries)

Oh wait there was that time with Nate Freese, that went well 😛

You mean THE Nate Freese? "Mr. Freese".... 

3 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Interesting on that Bullock move, if they go into the season with him as kicker it'll be the first time in my memory they don't have an icon at that position (barring injuries)

Oh wait there was that time with Nate Freese, that went well 😛

big boy is a  legend!! shoot needed a quick replacement for Koo last year in fantasy and tthis man stepped up with like 15!!

13 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Lions restructured Jared Goffs contract converting $20 million of his salary due this year into a signing bonus over the next 4 seasons. This saves the Lions $15 million this season, making his cap hit around $10 million in 2021. 

It is unlikely that he's going to be traded but I do wonder how this could impact his tradability if someone down in Texas... say.. maybe a small town near Austin... had a need at QB and was interested in making a move. With the Lions in the process of a rebuild, adding future draft capital could be beneficial assuming the price is right.