Roster Moves

Louis Friend

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

This is both equally scary and realistic... 

right...was gonna say shoot #1...tracy isnt that good lol. all just "average" hey at least if they dont get burned and wrap up....alll I want...well really I want a Brian Dawkins Ed Reed combo but we cant have everything. lollllll

For the life of me, I can't understand why we are loading up on DBs.  The Lions haven't signed any real help at LB.  I was hoping they would sign Eric Wilson, who played really well for the Vikings last year signed a 1-year $3.25 million contract with Eagles.  The only other free agent LB who might help is De'Vondre Campbell.  We need help even if we draft a LB in Round 1 or 2.

5 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

right...was gonna say shoot #1...tracy isnt that good lol. all just "average" hey at least if they dont get burned and wrap up....alll I want...well really I want a Brian Dawkins Ed Reed combo but we cant have everything. lollllll

Walker is at his best as a FS. That's where he should be playing. If we can add someone to compliment him and play principally as a SS with versatility then we'd be in a good position. 

25 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

For the life of me, I can't understand why we are loading up on DBs.  The Lions haven't signed any real help at LB.  I was hoping they would sign Eric Wilson, who played really well for the Vikings last year signed a 1-year $3.25 million contract with Eagles.  The only other free agent LB who might help is De'Vondre Campbell.  We need help even if we draft a LB in Round 1 or 2.

We need help across the board. Our safety situation is God awful and has been neglected during Quinntricia reign. 

who are some LBs you think we should be looking at?!? 

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

they signed anzalone...have collins javai. have some depth. I agree we need one more. but I see us being in nickel a ton. We really need two. Shoot one could eventually be Hufanga in the box

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

I think Walker is overrated around here because he's decent at a position we've been awful at for so long. Outside of Diggs and Delmas for very short periods, who is the last great safety we had? I think Marlowe is at least at Walkers level. Solid backup S talent. We lack starting talent. I could see them draft a S day two. 

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I think Walker is overrated around here because he's decent at a position we've been awful at for so long. Outside of Diggs and Delmas for very short periods, who is the last great safety we had? I think Marlowe is at least at Walkers level. Solid backup S talent. We lack starting talent. I could see them draft a S day two. 

John Wendling

Edited by NFL_Fan

12 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Walker had a really good rookie year and then has dropped in all metrics as Patricia's scheme was rolled out more and more in depth. I don't think those two are disconnected. 

I have higher hopes for Walker because we've seen it before. We haven't seen it from Will Harris. I wouldn't even be opposed to drafting two S's as we're likely going to be playing in a lot of nickel and dime. Someone that can play in the box either as a SS/Slot/Nickel LB would be appealing. If they can also play deep then sign me up. Whatever is going to push Tracy to FS and giving him a chance to succeed. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Walker had a really good rookie year and then has dropped in all metrics as Patricia's scheme was rolled out more and more in depth. I don't think those two are disconnected. 

I have higher hopes for Walker because we've seen it before. We haven't seen it from Will Harris. I wouldn't even be opposed to drafting two S's as we're likely going to be playing in a lot of nickel and dime. Someone that can play in the box either as a SS/Slot/Nickel LB would be appealing. If they can also play deep then sign me up. Whatever is going to push Tracy to FS and giving him a chance to succeed. 

yes I hateeeee Tracy at SS or in the box...PLEASE stick at FS. I want to see 4-6 INTS this year from our boy

On 4/8/2021 at 10:38 PM, NFL_Fan said:

they signed anzalone...have collins javai. have some depth. I agree we need one more. but I see us being in nickel a ton. We really need two. Shoot one could eventually be Hufanga in the box

I think the LB situation is indicative of what you suggest. The need at LB may not be as large as we think. Loading the back end because they can’t find free agents they want to sign at LB. If they can’t add the right player(s) in the draft at LB then they’ve prepared for that result.

On 4/8/2021 at 10:47 PM, Louis Friend said:

I think Glover Quin played well. Great, no but certainly one of the more effective players in recent memory.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...