Free Agency on a budget targets

2 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

If you haven't realized it yet the cap is an illusion. Rams are over the cap and gave Floyd a boat load of money. 

Largely an illusion, not totally, and i have been one saying that on many threads.

But money is still money and is finite.   Nobody except U.S. govt. spends it in an unlimited amount.  

Bears aren’t Rams or Cowboys.  They aren’t going to outspend everyone across board.  They have a budget.  

I do think Bears are going way over budget of late because George is trying to win a title before Virginia dies.   

36 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If Dalton is their big QB move then Pace & Nagy just signed their resignation papers.

**** this move..what a disappointment it'd be

I just think if you make the move for Dalton you are announcing that Foles is "unplayable bad". That would be 42 million guaranteed and a 4th round pick on "unplayable bad" QBs in Glennon and Foles. Some owners might be pissed about wasting those resources.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Dalton would be beyond underwhelming and would likely signal the death of any Russell Wilson dream.

If they sign Dalton, Foles is gone and they're hoping to move up in the draft for a QB. 

58 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

If Dalton is their big QB move then Pace & Nagy just signed their resignation papers.

**** this move..what a disappointment it'd be

I mean I'll take Trent Williams with Dalton. 

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Dalton would be beyond underwhelming and would likely signal the death of any Russell Wilson dream.

I just don't see the point of Dalton even if they are unable to land Russ

Dalton is not much better than Foles IMO. He gives a little better athleticism than Foles but that's it.

If you have doubts you are going to land a big fish like Russ or Deshaun then focus your attention to the draft and don't waste more financial resources on a veteran 

If the Russ/Watson dream is dead then I'd move towards the Falcons in either trying to get the 4th overall pick or Matt Ryan.

Pace is good friends with their new GM..and I think they could sttike a deal somehow  someway

Screw Dalton man

• Like 1
Just now, GOGRIESE said:

I mean I'll take Trent Williams with Dalton. 

I mean I wouldn't be upset of they got Williams at LT but think about it from his perspective..

Bears: Here Trent we'll give you $20M per year to protect Andy freaking Dalton's blindside. Trust us...we have a great plan at QB.

Williams: Oh ya sure sign me up for that when I have comparable offers from the 49ers and other teams with better QB situations? No freaking way

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I just don't see the point of Dalton even if they are unable to land Russ

Dalton is not much better than Foles IMO. He gives a little better athleticism than Foles but that's it.

If you have doubts you are going to land a big fish like Russ or Deshaun then focus your attention to the draft and don't waste more financial resources on a veteran 

If the Russ/Watson dream is dead then I'd move towards the Falcons in either trying to get the 4th overall pick or Matt Ryan.

Pace is good friends with their new GM..and I think they could sttike a deal somehow  someway

Screw Dalton man

I don't see any scenario where Pace and Nagy intentionally put Foles out there for any period of time. Because if it ends up being a repeat of that four game stretch last year, neither will likely see the end of the season. If they're getting Dalton, they're either hoping to draft somebody, or they're trading for Darnold. 

8 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't see any scenario where Pace and Nagy intentionally put Foles out there for any period of time. Because if it ends up being a repeat of that four game stretch last year, neither will likely see the end of the season. If they're getting Dalton, they're either hoping to draft somebody, or they're trading for Darnold. 

You think Dalton really gets us more wins than Foles? I just wouldn't understand the move.

If be fine with drafting a QB but I don't see why they'd need Dalton for that 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

You think Dalton really gets us more wins than Foles? I just wouldn't understand the move.

If be fine with drafting a QB but I don't see why they'd need Dalton for that 

I'm in the minority around here--I think Foles is better than Dalton. I just think that if Foles stumbles again, for any period of time, then Nagy gets fired before the season is over, and Pace either joins him, or is show the airlock after week 17.

As for Dalton's utility--Fields and Lance probably shouldn't start right away. You can hope other rookies could, but you never know. If they trade for Darnold, they may be afraid that he's going to have to be coached up so much that he may not be able to start the season, either. 

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Gone how?

Traded back to the Eagles, maybe? I guess they could keep him around as third string, but that would be sort of odd. 

If Pace signs Dalton, I'm fairly sure he's not viewing Dalton as the answer at quarterback. If he is, he might as well quit right now...