Free Agency on a budget targets

AZBearsFan

57 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

You don't think a rookie could play better than Leno? (At least Leno at his 2020 level?) I certainly do. 

For what it's worth, Seattle moved him to guard after he kind of faltered at tackle. His tackle play for the Bears was an improvement over what we've seen from him in the past. 

I watched tape when we acquired him.   He played mostly good at OT.  He was better than Massie in Seattle (and here).   

Seattle was pissed because he missed a block or mainly got penalties at worst possible moments and blew several big games - fans and even coaches hated him for it.

Like Parkey would never be forgiven here even if he made 90% of his kicks going forward.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WindyCity said:

The lack of investment on offense, again, is baffling.

Pace is in a really tough spot at OT as far as FA goes. The good tackles have multiple suitors because there aren’t enough of them, we aren’t a desirable place to go since we aren’t seemingly close to a title where other potential suitors are and we aren’t able to grossly outbid anyone financially to make that not matter. Hence, scrap pile.

FWIW though I expect we spend 20 or 52 on a starting RT, and if we miss out on all the top QBs in round 1, maybe both 20 and 52 on OTs. Sure wouldn’t get any objection from me. 

10 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Pace is in a really tough spot at OT as far as FA goes. The good tackles have multiple suitors because there aren’t enough of them, we aren’t a desirable place to go since we aren’t seemingly close to a title where other potential suitors are and we aren’t able to grossly outbid anyone financially to make that not matter. Hence, scrap pile.

FWIW though I expect we spend 20 or 52 on a starting RT, and if we miss out on all the top QBs in round 1, maybe both 20 and 52 on OTs. Sure wouldn’t get any objection from me. 

You still need to add options. 

Give me a couple of Angelo Blackson level options on the OL so that we have someone to turn to.

I would like to think they add to OT in the draft, but

1. We have seen that Pace simply does not value the position that highly.

2. If they make a move for a QB 52 and 83 may not be theirs anymore.