Lions to cut DT Danny Shelton

Louis Friend

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

This right here should be the mentality.

Seems to be the mentality.  Pretty much cleaning house with all of the failed free agent signings by Quinn.  Might strap us this year cap wise with dead money but will open up a lot in the future.  Now if only we were able to get out of Big Vs contract. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Seems to be the mentality.  Pretty much cleaning house with all of the failed free agent signings by Quinn.  Might strap us this year cap wise with dead money but will open up a lot in the future.  Now if only we were able to get out of Big Vs contract. 

Think they can restructure? What about restructure for terrible Trey Flowers deal??

5 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

Think they can restructure? What about restructure for terrible Trey Flowers deal??

I don't want to restructure Big V.  I want him gone as soon as possible which is just one more year before he is cutable.  Don't drag it out longer like they did with Collins.  

Flowers on the other hand I am not completely hateful of.  In the right system, utilized the right way, he has value.  heck even last year he had value and did his job quite well, they just didn't ask him to rush the passer consistently hence his quality PFF grade.  His numbers were worth the contract, and I feel he can bounce back and be productive when let loose.  

7 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

They have a way to go to be cap compliant so I expect there to be some more releases. He would seem a likely candidate. 

How likely do you think a Flowers restructure is?

Great question. I'm pretty terrible at this cap stuff, but, looking at his contract on spotrac.com, he has a $19.9M cap hit for the 2021 season. It seems that a restructuring of his contract would open up a ton of space.