Last Pre FA Mock

Bobby816

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

For me as the FA period and draft gets closer I like to make my mocks more realistic more so than what I want.

So from a  realistic standpoint, I don't see us splashing a ton of money at a guy like Aaron Jones at RB in FA. So I think we go more the quality guys that can start but aren't great route. Leaving the draft open to maybe getting a guy high. For me Mack coming off injury will be cheap, but is a starter. I just cant see us going into the draft with Ty and Perine as our RBs. That'd just be awful. If that were the case, then yes I'd spend a more valuable pick on Harris, Etienne or Williams. But with signing Mack that doesn't become a "huge" need. Keep in mind Gainwell is very talented. And I do think he in this mock starts for us down the road. So RB certainly isn't ignored.

In this mock we gain a vastly more talented offense. We have 2 very talented OGs starting for us in Thuney and AVT. Which in itself makes the run and passing game better. Add a whole new backfield with KY at FB and 2 new RBs in Mack and Gainwell. A more legit #1 WR in Davis who's still young and 2 very talented WRs as depth for the 4th and 5th WR spots in Moore and Williams. TE gets an upgrade with Everett from Griffin. Let the best man win there between Herndon and him.

All this for a new starting QB in Wilson. We'd have a top 10 if not top 5 OL in this offseason perhaps. A revamped backfield. 3 new WRs and TE help. This rookie QB would be going into a very good situation. And all these guys are young. Not 32yr old band aids for a year. 

You are not even sold on Wilson, though. That is a problem, realistic or not.

On 3/12/2021 at 8:27 AM, jetfuel34 said:

I would be okay with this but I want a trade down. 

For a guy like me who always hated the idea of trading down, this is one time if the offers are great, this would be the time to do it. It would not shock me at all if one GM panic last minute and offer a great package for for our # 2 pick.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

For a guy like me who always hated the idea of trading down, this is one time if the offers are great, this would be the time to do it. It would not shock me at all if one GM panic last minute and offer a great package for for our # 2 pick.

I agree wholeheartedly. Trading down makes so much more sense than drafting the flavor of the month QB prospect with a top-five pick after doing the exact same thing four years ago.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 7:59 AM, Bobby816 said:

Resign (notable)

Marcus Maye (S): We get a deal done here

Brian Poole (CB): Great slot CB, cant let him go.

Neville Hewitt (LB): LBs are valuable in a Saleh D. Hewitt is underrated IMO.

Pat Elflein (IOL): I know some don't like him, but I do. if nothing else he's depth at G and C and wont cost a ton.

Free Agency (notable)

Joe Thuney (OG): Here's our biggest splash in FA. Makes the left side of our OL elite.

Corey Davis (WR): This the guy I want at WR for us in FA. I think he's just getting started. Plays quite a bit like Mims tbh, and that's a good thing. A starting WR group of Davis, Mims, Crowder going into the draft is an upgrade.

Carl Lawson (DE): Another guy I think that's just getting started. I think under Saleh and with our IDL... he can be a regular 10 sacks guy.

Gerald Everett (TE): Herndon cant be relied on after this last year. So we need to bring someone in. Everett has talent. Let him and Herndon battle it out for snaps in a system that likes using the TE. Very similar players.

Jason Verrett (CB): I know a lot have us going Sherman in FA, but I think he wants to go to a contender, and we aren't that yet. Verrett is a vet but younger. And had a good year under Saleh last year. He can start on the outside for us to give us a nice 1-3 CB group in Verrett, Hall and Poole.

Marlon Mack (RB): Mack coming off an injury will be cheap, so we aren't tied to him big time. He is still young and can do it all though. We cant go into the draft with Ty and Perine as our RBs. So someone has to be brought in.

CJ Beathard (QB): Vet QB to have in here that knows the system and wont cost much.

Kyle Juszczyk (FB): Yes we go back to using a FB. And KJ is a good one that knows the system.

Trades

Sam Darnold to WAS for their 2nd and 4th Rounders (51 and 124)

NFL Draft

1. Zach Wilson (QB/BYU): We start fresh with a new QB. He starts from Day 1 with us bc he fits the system and we did enough in FA and the rest of the draft to help him and not ruin him. He's not polished, so there will be rough patches. But we continue to help him each year on offense. Quick release like Rodgers with some Patty flair.

1. (from SEA) Alijah Vera-Tucker (OL/USC): Hey if we are going to invest in a young QB we have to protect him. AVT can pretty much play any position on the OL. So let him battle it out with Elf and Fant on the right side. Let the best man win. I think he can win the starting RG spot.

2. Gregory Rousseau (DE/Miami): Just continuing to get pass rushers. Him and Zuniga battle it out for the other DE spot opposite Lawson. Has top 10 pick talent. But sitting out and all hurt his draft stock. Quite frankly is a steal here.

2. (from WAS) Rondale Moore (WR/Purdue): Just an electric player. And we need those. Can do tons of things with the ball in his hands. Immediately is our return guy and just find ways to get him the ball on offense. Think of a rookie version of a Curtis Samuel here, just smaller.

3. Jabril Cox (LB/LSU): A LB here that fits a Saleh defense great. Can cover and tackle. Slides in as a starter right away and shines for us.

3. (from SEA) Kenneth Gainwell (RB/Memphis): Talented runner and receiver. Undersized but that's why we let him bulk up for maybe a year and use him more in the passing game initially. Mack is better suited "if healthy" to start right away for us. But Gainwell works his way in and takes on more and more snaps as the year goes by. Gainwell is our starter down the road as he gains weight hopefully. He reminds me a bit of Kamara.

4. Keith Taylor Jr. (CB/Washington): Big bodied outside CB that's a willing tackler. Fits this Saleh defense and adds depth for us at CB. Continuing to just create that pipeline in positions that need depth.

4. (from WAS) Seth Williams (WR/Auburn): Yes another WR. JD knows how not having depth last year hurt us. Williams is a bigger guy that wins with his body. Great for quick slants, red zone targets and back shoulder throws.

5. Talanoa Hufanga (S/USC): Can play both Safety spots and can do all aspects of the game. Violent player that loves contact and is getting better and better as a cover guy. S needs depth and he provides that.

5. (from NYG) Jonathan Cooper (DE/Ohio State): You can never have too many pass rushers. Reminds me of a poor mans Brandon Graham.

6. Josh Ball (OT/Marshall): Another gigantic human like Becton. Adding depth on the OL at the OT position. Maybe he develops over time into a starter.

7. Jose Borregales (K/Miami): K help to compete.

Lets start with the obvious, Maye is still a Jet, none of the FA are part of the organization with the exception of Carl Lawson. 

So F.A. wise you hit on one. The Jury is still out on if the Jets will sign Poole or not.

Draft wise Rousseau will be gone in round 1 , but CB/OLB I could see at that spot, Moore I'm okay with. 

The rest of the Draft is more like a crapshoot. But I have to give you credit for an interesting draft. 

Gainewell I like also, but I see him in round 4.

1 minute ago, Big T said:

Lets start with the obvious, Maye is still a Jet, none of the FA are part of the organization with the exception of Carl Lawson. 

So F.A. wise you hit on one. The Jury is still out on if the Jets will sign Poole or not.

Draft wise Rousseau will be gone in round 1 , but CB/OLB I could see at that spot, Moore I'm okay with. 

The rest of the Draft is more like a crapshoot. But I have to give you credit for an interesting draft. 

Gainewell I like also, but I see him in round 4.

We got corey davis as well, so he hit on 2 FA.

• Like 1