Howie Roseman: A deep dive

Kiltman

- More about just how involved Lurie is and how much he relies on Howie to control everything for him.

- Chummy relationships with players, a lot of which isn’t reciprocated or believed. 

- Howie compartmentalizes people and prefer 1on1s so that he can control the narratives and not escalate things. This leads to bad decisions as consensus isn’t always reached.

- Carson an Cox both had a lot more sway that’ll what most people knew. 

- General sense of fear about how you talk about players and who you talk to. Schwartz was one of the few who would occasionally be open about how bad Wentz looked in spring practice (I believe 2019)

- A print up of position coaches not with the team was found in the printer which led to more paranoia of being replaced.

- They didn’t name the coach, but it seems like maybe Aaron Moorehead talked unfavorably about two rookies in a meeting with Scouts. Howie confronted him about doing that in front of the scouts.

- Doug was liked but as aloof as it seemed. His Press Taylor as OC and Matt Burke as DC staff was the biggest reason he was fired as he stuck up for himself for once.

- Assistant coaches were leaving or trying to leave, even for lateral positions, even before Doug left to get away from the organization.

- If we went off the Scouts we would’ve taken Justin Jefferson and Jeremy Chinn last year....

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

I already made a thread on how much Howie Roseman sucks booty cheeks....

He deserves the spotlight of two (seemed like an important article I’ll merge the two later on after the fallout from this dies down)

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

- More about just how involved Lurie is and how much he relies on Howie to control everything for him.

- Chummy relationships with players, a lot of which isn’t reciprocated or believed. 

- Howie compartmentalizes people and prefer 1on1s so that he can control the narratives and not escalate things. This leads to bad decisions as consensus isn’t always reached.

- Carson an Cox both had a lot more sway that’ll what most people knew. 

- General sense of fear about how you talk about players and who you talk to. Schwartz was one of the few who would occasionally be open about how bad Wentz looked in spring practice (I believe 2019)

- A print up of position coaches not with the team was found in the printer which led to more paranoia of being replaced.

- They didn’t name the coach, but it seems like maybe Aaron Moorehead talked unfavorably about two rookies in a meeting with Scouts. Howie confronted him about doing that in front of the scouts.

- Doug was liked but as aloof as it seemed. His Press Taylor as OC and Matt Burke as DC staff was the biggest reason he was fired as he stuck up for himself for once.

- Assistant coaches were leaving or trying to leave, even for lateral positions, even before Doug left to get away from the organization.

- If we went off the Scouts we would’ve taken Justin Jefferson and Jeremy Chinn last year....

Lurie can’t ignore that stuff. Maybe it’s what he actually wants. I made a post suggesting such. Howie can’t come out of all of this clean unless this is his last hurrah as GM. He’s got to have a homerun offseason or it’s his rear, I’d think. If not, it seems like Luire is tied to Howie even if it means the detriment of the team. Either way, it’s bad business even if he turns it around. If no one wants to play here it’ll eventually poison the whole team and Lurie will face mass pressure to sell the team. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Lurie can’t ignore that stuff. Maybe it’s what he actually wants. I made a post suggesting such. Howie can’t come out of all of this clean unless this is his last hurrah as GM. He’s got to have a homerun offseason or it’s his rear, I’d think. If not, it seems like Luire is tied to Howie even if it means the detriment of the team. Either way, it’s bad business even if he turns it around. If no one wants to play here it’ll eventually poison the whole team and Lurie will face mass pressure to sell the team. 

Yeah this should be his final shot. We’d be entering unprecedented territory if Howie survived another coaching change.

If I was Lurie I’d just put my cards on the table and tell Howie “this is it, you got to be better and make this work” “open checkbook but it’s all on you.” Make it clear that there will be no weaseling out of this if it goes south. And if Jeff wants to be overly involved, call some group meetings and let people talk openly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

You want to hope it’s not true. But the dots connect. If even some is true, Lurie needs to check himself or sell. That’s insanity. 

This is not the first time I've seen this mentioned - the scouts said go for JJ and Chinn and Doug/Howie/whatever other idiot went with Reagor and Hurts. 

24 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

This is not the first time I've seen this mentioned - the scouts said go for JJ and Chinn and Doug/Howie/whatever other idiot went with Reagor and Hurts. 

Reagor was the coaches and potentially Carson’s input.

Hurts was Lurie and Doug.

But yeah passing on the real Offensive and Defensive Rookies of the year ain’t a good look.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

But yeah passing on the real Offensive and Defensive Rookies of the year ain’t a good look.

well that explains why lurie thinks so highly of his scouting department they are right we just dont make those picks.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah. I definitely felt that Doug had input on Jalen Hurts pick.

3 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Don’t remember what or who I was listening or watching and that person hypothetically pointed out that we easily could have gotten JJ (or Reagor if you needed him that bad), Chinn and still ended up with Hurts. I mean who knows, and still premature, but the yearly screw ups just keep piling up. Literally any RB - Pumphrey, JJAW - Metcalf, JJ - Reagor. 

• Like 1