Tom Brady extension

ravishingone

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Have a feeling AB is coming back.  Brady helping the organization this much, I have liitle doubt they will give him whatever he wants on offense.

I mean they pretty much did last year too and think it paid off and then some. No reason to go against it now. Dude is the GOAT for a reason.

If he wants AB back and AB is agreeable to a reasonable deal (which we all know the TB12 effect on these guys), it'll happen.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Very interesting response that is multi layered.  Awesome he still wants to play, but a little time left.  

Is the succession plan really going to be Blaine Gabbert, who the rest of the league still hasn t signed?  

Absolutely not on Gabbert. He was only here because he has good working relationship with BA and knows the system well. 

We all know we're screwed if injury fell upon TB12. The FO has hedged all their chips in on him staying healthy…

37 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Absolutely not on Gabbert. He was only here because he has good working relationship with BA and knows the system well. 

We all know we're screwed if injury fell upon TB12. The FO has hedged all their chips in on him staying healthy…

Interesting there is currently no back up QB on the roster.  Gabbert re signed last year on 4/2.  Maybe they go Qb early?  If Brady skips OTAs, a rookie Qb could get all the first team reps.  My guess a Qb before day 3, Kellen Mond.

Finally, nothing is stopping Brady to retire after this upcoming season.  Elway walked away after back to back titles.  

37 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Interesting there is currently no back up QB on the roster.  Gabbert re signed last year on 4/2.  Maybe they go Qb early?  If Brady skips OTAs, a rookie Qb could get all the first team reps.  My guess a Qb before day 3, Kellen Mond.

Finally, nothing is stopping Brady to retire after this upcoming season.  Elway walked away after back to back titles.  

im not in on the Mond train, too much of a project throwing wise, i prefer more accurate guys than athletic speedy guys 

i like Mills or Trask in the  4th or later

52 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Licht said we haven't ruled out drafting a QB. If we do, we'll probably bring back one of our FAs. If not, we'll probably bring both back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

after going back and rewatching some Trask & Mills highlights...

Trask >>> Mills, Mond

Trask may not test well or be super athletic, but his feet, accuarcy, anticipation, pocket presence is far better

if we got a QB I would prefer Trask in the 3rd , ideally 4th

The Cards drafted 2 Qbs when BA was HC.  Logan Thomas from Va Tech and Ryan Lindley from San Diego St.  Both were considered to have above average arm strength.  I think the interest in Trask will be minimal.  

I do wonder if they would trade a day 3 pick for a young Qb on a roster.  Jacob Eason from Indy, James Morgan from the Jets come to mind.  

Edited by ravishingone