16 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Now you are being abusive to no good reason.

Sorry "J". I didn't realize my post came off as abusive. It was not my intent. We're meant to have fun here. The give 'n take is meant to be easier than what we must suffer in the real world.  Cheers!

On 3/27/2021 at 10:55 AM, onejayhawk said:

Done.

Remmers is a proven RT. Wylie is a proven backup. We hope to improve the situation, but we already have a proven fix. For example, I would love the chance to try Alijah Vera-Tucker at RT. 

It's important not to value new as better. Drafting a first round player to start immediately is a loser mentality. New England traded away their first round pick for years, because they could get multiple second and third rounders. Day two players are usually less ready to play, but may be better long term. You draft talent and develop it. The Patriots were famous for pulling significant replacements off the bench, or moving them from other positions. 

It's what we did with Lucas Niang. What we know is that he was top 50 talent, who slid to the end of the 3rd because of an injury. We know he has outstanding physical traits, including a solid base, excellent mobility and power at the PoA. We know he is now fully healthy and has been working with a position trainer. What we don't know is whether he has been working at both OT spots, or just at RT. In his place, I would be looking to take the LT spot from the first day of OTA, but that's me.

So, we have a proven fix at RT and we may have a hidden fix at LT. We do not have a starter opposite Frank Clark.

J

I've read a few articles saying he's been training for RT.

On 3/26/2021 at 1:42 PM, samsel23 said:

The thing Thuney gives us, is a little patience at the start of the year. 
There’s still some solid options in FA,  though I get the feeling once Veach lost out on Williams,  Fisher was his next best OT.   

It’d be very beneficial for both Fisher and KC to see how the recovery goes and sign back to a 1 year deal.   We have the luxury of sliding Thuney over to LT to start the year to give him extra time to come back.    

Tbh anyone not names Sewell, Darrisaw, or Slater is probably a reach in the first round.   Moreso for the fact at the pure number of good options in this draft, than because of talent level.   
I’d be comfortable with the above option and seeing if Radunz or Little slide to Round 2.

Even after that, it’s a good year to need a talented Tackle.  Josh Ball and Jaylon Moore are immensely talented in the middle to late rounds.   There’s a couple more I know I’m missing as well.    

Leatherwood had a really good Pro Day. His RAS is 11th best for OT in past 35 years.

5 hours ago, odendin said:

I've read a few articles saying he's been training for RT.

As has everyone else. The point is that if he trains for both OT roles, what would you publicize? It may be true or it may be smoke. Just be open to the possibility.

Can someone more familiar with the Schwartz situation last year tell me how many games he was on the active roster during the season? I seem to remember the "will he play or not" scenario happening quite a bit last year. I don't think he ever went on IR, did he?

13 minutes ago, nicfre2011 said:

Can someone more familiar with the Schwartz situation last year tell me how many games he was on the active roster during the season? I seem to remember the "will he play or not" scenario happening quite a bit last year. I don't think he ever went on IR, did he?

Don't believe so. He was always "possibly a week away". I wonder if he was considering walking away when his back was hurting and they kept him around in case he wanted to push through.

3 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Don't believe so. He was always "possibly a week away". I wonder if he was considering walking away when his back was hurting and they kept him around in case he wanted to push through.

That's purely because he put off surgery to try to make the playoffs. Rehabbing an injury is a much better defined situation. 

J

There are some interesting middle round developmental prospects at center that that could be solid fits for us. All of the listed could to varying degrees be considered undersized and seem to be solid prospects for a team that utilizes zone blocking principles.

Drake Jackson, Kentucky

Kendrick Green, Illinois (played guard but could project to a solid center)

Michal Menet, Penn State

Jimmy Morrissey, Pitt

Drew Dalman, Stanford

Posted (edited)

Nice list. We have three picks in rounds 5 and 6. Other than Jackson, they all project in that range or later. Jackson might need a 4th, but I would not be shocked if one or more of these players fell through the draft. 

The team is not pursuing Reiter very hard. Perhaps they think they have a suitable player on board already. Allegretti played C in college and they have Darryl Williams as well. 

J

Edited by onejayhawk
On 3/29/2021 at 6:34 PM, nicfre2011 said:

There are some interesting middle round developmental prospects at center that that could be solid fits for us. All of the listed could to varying degrees be considered undersized and seem to be solid prospects for a team that utilizes zone blocking principles.

Drake Jackson, Kentucky

Kendrick Green, Illinois (played guard but could project to a solid center)

Michal Menet, Penn State

Jimmy Morrissey, Pitt

Drew Dalman, Stanford

I'm big on Green. I'd be happy about that.

Zierlein has him rated over Eichenberg, wonder if we go Stone in the first?

know nothing about him but he’s got crazy measurables, and started two years at LT. 

5 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Zierlein has him rated over Eichenberg, wonder if we go Stone in the first?

know nothing about him but he’s got crazy measurables, and started two years at LT. 

Solid Pro Day workout...

From Jim Nagy:
Official pro-day results for Florida OT Stone Forsythe. Good all-around workout for the big man.
HT 6080
WT 307
Hand 10
Arm 34 3/8
Wing 83 1/4
40-yd 5.14/5.15
VJ 27.5
BJ 8-7
SS 4.65
3C 7.47
BP 25 reps

On 4/2/2021 at 5:33 AM, nicfre2011 said:

Solid Pro Day workout...

From Jim Nagy:
Official pro-day results for Florida OT Stone Forsythe. Good all-around workout for the big man.
HT 6080
WT 307
Hand 10
Arm 34 3/8
Wing 83 1/4
40-yd 5.14/5.15
VJ 27.5
BJ 8-7
SS 4.65
3C 7.47
BP 25 reps

Not bad, he cut some weight in the off-season, supposedly played at around 320 per the guys in the draft forum 

Edited by Chiefer
10 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Not bad, he cut some weight in the off-season, supposedly played at around 320 per the guys in the draft forum 

The tough thing is, I can see a run on tackles and well-rounded edge defenders in between our first and second picks.