Rebuilding the OL

onejayhawk

6 hours ago, kempus said:

You're right on the pick, unless we trade down. Yeah, certainly speculation there, but that line would be atrocious.

Given a year to get integrated, I don't think so.

Thuney obviously would not be atrocious and Allegretti is at least solid. Niang is still unkown, but he was a 1st round talent who we got cheap because of an injury. Durant and PTW are potential weak points, but two positions is a lot easier to cover than five. 

I have no clue what you are worried about regarding the OL now.

The Chiefs didn't do that trade to have a player for ONE year. That's a long term commitment.

Then there are Niang, Allegretti, Durant waiting in the wings ... not to mention Prince Tega who some people are so high on (no clue why though). Rankin is a former 1st round pick stricken with injuries - we have no clue about him. So .. LOTs of prospects and a line set for the year with reasonable depth. What else do you want now? 12 OL on the active roster?

• Like 1

Actually, I think that one year is exactly why they did the trade.

If they get long term, it's gravy, but the key thing was this year. It gives them a year to sift, evaluate and develop all the players on the roster. Long and Brown can put out for a year, collect playoff experience and hopefully a ring, then get paid by someone else. We may even get compensatory picks. 

J

Talk about a rebuilt line!

Brown-Thuney-Blythe-LDT/Long-Remmers/Niang

Thats a solid wall for Mahomes to throw behind, and Clyde to glide through.

I don’t think Veach is quite done yet either 

Edited by Chiefer

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Talk about a rebuilt line!

Brown-Thuney-Blythe-LDT/Long-Remmers/Niang

Thats a solid wall for Mahomes to throw behind, and Clyde to glide through.

I don’t think Veach is quite done yet either 

I suspect Niang already owns RT and Long owns RG. The one that is not set is C. Blythe is not as good as Reiter and Reid has made comments that seem to treat Blythe as the backup. I am guessing the top of the depth chart is Allegretti. 

So, unless the unexpected happens Brown/Thuney/Allegretti/Long/Niang, backed up by Remmers, LDT and Blythe. Next year, we would swing Niang over to LT and replace the right side.

J

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I suspect Niang already owns RT and Long owns RG. The one that is not set is C. Blythe is not as good as Reiter and Reid has made comments that seem to treat Blythe as the backup. I am guessing the top of the depth chart is Allegretti. 

So, unless the unexpected happens Brown/Thuney/Allegretti/Long/Niang, backed up by Remmers, LDT and Blythe. Next year, we would swing Niang over to LT and replace the right side.

J

You got some wild theories man.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Not at all. That was downright tame.

I read a lot and pay attention to who says what and how. That's why the OBJ deal did not catch me off balance. I did not see the specific deal coming, but the only alternative to some deal was to trust Niang with LT straight out of the gate. I believe they will Trust Niang with his college position, because they have Remmers as a fall back. Expecting him to play LT with no fallback was too much to ask. There had to be another plan. 

J

2 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:
2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I read a lot and pay attention to who says what and how. That's why the OBJ deal did not catch me off balance.

Your ego is too much, man. Just sayin

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Your ego is too much, man. Just sayin

Dude, no.

This is not taking a stand. This is just reading the news.

Taking as stand would be saying that Turk Wharton is our new starting LDE. There are hints, but nothing you could hang a hat on. 

J

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

I read a lot and pay attention to who says what and how. That's why the OBJ deal did not catch me off balance. I did not see the specific deal coming, but the only alternative to some deal was to trust Niang with LT straight out of the gate. I believe they will Trust Niang with his college position, because they have Remmers as a fall back. Expecting him to play LT with no fallback was too much to ask. There had to be another plan. 

J

I mean i agree their is a plan, this team doesnt just free float through the offseason anymore. Hoping to land the guy, no, we attack the perceived weaknesses with vigor.

you just got some wild ideas on what that plan is, doesnt really matter though i mean you do you im not gonna stop you

11 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I mean i agree their is a plan, this team doesnt just free float through the offseason anymore. Hoping to land the guy, no, we attack the perceived weaknesses with vigor.

you just got some wild ideas on what that plan is, doesnt really matter though i mean you do you im not gonna stop you

I don't know where you get wild ideas. I'm just repeating what they say. 

If you want wild, did you hear who tipped everyone about the Mahomes contract last year? It was the clerk at a liquor store near the stadium. She tweeted that something was going on because the Chiefs FO bought a lot of expensive champagne. The point is that she was paying attention, not guessing.

J

I have been saying that Orlando Brown likely signed for one year only. It appears he would like a longer stay.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/orlando_brown_jr_wants_to_play_for_chiefs_for_a_long_time/s1_13132_34733651

Whether it is workable to restructure or re-sign OBJ is a different story. Tyrann Mathieu is also in his last year as are a number of lesser players. 

It also appears that OBJ was shocked to learn he was headed to KC. That may have something to do with his apparent change of attitude. 
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/surprised_the_ravens_traded_orlando_brown_jr_to_kansas_city_so_was_he/s1_16631_34744355

J

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I have been saying that Orlando Brown likely signed for one year only. It appears he would like a longer stay.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/orlando_brown_jr_wants_to_play_for_chiefs_for_a_long_time/s1_13132_34733651

Whether it is workable to restructure or re-sign OBJ is a different story. Tyrann Mathieu is also in his last year as are a number of lesser players. 

It also appears that OBJ was shocked to learn he was headed to KC. That may have something to do with his apparent change of attitude. 
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/surprised_the_ravens_traded_orlando_brown_jr_to_kansas_city_so_was_he/s1_16631_34744355

J

I think the the first article might be more introductory diplomacy on his part....not saying he wouldn't or won't re-sign but not sure we can read too much into the tea leaves at this point.