Jonathan Allen suffers Lisfranc sprain out 3-4 weeks

mar29020

Does anyone know much about Lisfranc sprains? I know they are complicated and players have lost their careers to Lisfranc injuries (remember Phillip Thomas?). I'm very concerned about Allen's long term health here and if it can linger. This is a huge blow to our team that is about to plays its toughest stretch of the schedule. Hopefully it is just the 3-4 week period but this news is not welcomed.

50 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

There goes our pass rush

Yup, it's not Allen's stats that this affects as much as Smith, Kerrigan, and Galette (I don't know why I just added Galette to that group). Luckily, Ioanitis has been absolutely balling. We need McGee and McClain to step up...however, I'm afraid we already know what we have in those two.

This is a big blow. It’s 3 or 4 weeks at the least imo. This injury has ended many of players seasons but let’s hope it’s off the lesser variety and not as serious where he will miss the rest of the season.

I wonder if Lanier will be activated to take over Allen’s role. He’s no Allen but he is a good young, athletic interior pass rusher.

1 hour ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

Yup, it's not Allen's stats that this affects as much as Smith, Kerrigan, and Galette (I don't know why I just added Galette to that group). Luckily, Ioanitis has been absolutely balling. We need McGee and McClain to step up...however, I'm afraid we already know what we have in those two.

Ioannidis has been great, but ally he film clips I’ve seen of Ioannidis since the preseason has show Allen taking on a double team on his pas rush - C & LG - which frees up Ioannidis to go one on one vs the RG.

Ioannidis has obviously been great and more than we could have ever hoped for this year but the film clearly shows that’s allen has drawn so much attention and that’s helped Ioannidis. His loss is huge and it’s going to be interesting to see if we continue to have a good pass rush w/o him.

Our pass rush was pretty much non-existent yesterday after the first half that I remember, especially when Bethard came in and it seemed we couldn’t get him and the 49ers off the field in the second half and that was after Allen got hurt. 

1 hour ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

Does anyone know much about Lisfranc sprains? I know they are complicated and players have lost their careers to Lisfranc injuries (remember Phillip Thomas?). I'm very concerned about Allen's long term health here and if it can linger. This is a huge blow to our team that is about to plays its toughest stretch of the schedule. Hopefully it is just the 3-4 week period but this news is not welcomed.

Moses had a lisfranc injury his rookie season at the end of the year against the 49ers - I think in week 12 or 13 of the 2014 season. Moses returned the next year to be our starting RT in 2015 and has been ever since for the last 3 years.

20 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Horrible news! All I can say is the DC Curse is Alice and well. It really sucks being a dc sports fans. It’s like the world is working against us.

They really need to bring the nascar package back now for 3rd Long. 

RDE/OLB: Galette

3-tech: Ioannidis

5- tech: Kerrigan

LDE/OLB: Smith

Theyre going to have to use our top 3 OLB pss rushers on the field together by putting Kerrigan at a DT spot on 3rd & Long.

I was thinking they should use Swearinger as the dime ILB too - like they did with Cravens last year at dime ILB, 3rd & Long - and bring in Everret or even Hall when he’s healthy enough to go as the other S next to Nicholson.

Archived