Bills retain Daryl Williams

soflbillsfan

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff said:

lol how the Bills have such a great front office while the Sabres are complete and utter **** fest whilst having the same owners is beyond me

Good GM/HC combo makes a ton of difference. Pegulas can slap name plates all day long but at the end of the day they let these 2 work it out and when you have a good duo you see it while seeing the bad in the duo as well

4 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

lol how the Bills have such a great front office while the Sabres are complete and utter **** fest whilst having the same owners is beyond me

A lot less intelligent depth of talent in Hockey. Football FO's are deeper and the Bills were one of the biggest adopters of a lot of new systems and analytics which is why they've absolutely killed it the last few years in every avenue. 

I like the signing, but I think that ends signing any starting OL this year. Every OL can't get paid. With Dawkins, Morse, and now Williams paid, I think they still expect Ford to start and Boettger is a cheap find.

That being said I am happy with the OL heading into next year.

1 hour ago, Maxmw22 said:

I like the signing, but I think that ends signing any starting OL this year. Every OL can't get paid. With Dawkins, Morse, and now Williams paid, I think they still expect Ford to start and Boettger is a cheap find.

That being said I am happy with the OL heading into next year.

Boettger isn’t under contract yet himself. Just an RFA.

If he is back I see competing with Ford for LG and a rookie starting at RG. 

35 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I am perfectly content with that. I just hope one between Boettger resigning, Ford, or a rookie can play C when Morse eventually gets hurt. I personally thought that would be the reason for us to resign Felciano.

Edited by Maxmw22

8 minutes ago, Maxmw22 said:

I am perfectly content with that. I just hope one between Boettger resigning, Ford, or a rookie can play C when Morse eventually gets hurt. I personally thought that would be the reason for us to resign Felciano.

Yeah I am guessing whatever rookie IOL is drafted is one that is versatile enough to play C. The Bills did sign Jordan Devey after the season ended who is a C. As well Ryan Bates stepped in during the NE game for a series and did well, I thought, so there are some options. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I could see Turner coming in on a prove it deal in hopes of resurrecting his career like Williams did. If Ford is to believe the frontrunner at LG. Coming off multiple seasons riddled with injury best way to get a long term deal with a team is to do a 1 year prove it before he gets to be to old and has to settle for short term contracts. A solid healthy year with bills could turn it in to a 3-4 year deal like Williams did and what better way to showcase your talents then to line up next to the guy you have had been with for years in carolina. Plus Beane has to his his Carolina quota for the year some how. We are already 0 for 1 on signings with the punter leaving.