Bowman signs with the Raiders

NightTrainLane

10 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

So we waived Adams. He had fallen down the depth chart pretty steadily since camp. Maybe he'll show up on the PS since we still have a spot open.

That points to the issue at hand. Adams should have never been on the roster to begin with. It points to the direct neglect of the position which still baffles me. I fail to understand why Reggie under values the LB position. I can't wrap my head around being gift wrapped a top 10 prospect in Foster falling into your laps at a need position and ignoring it. I don't know about Fosters personal issues, etc. I just know that he's a straight up hitter with elite closing speed. And he was looking like a difference maker prior to injury. 

26 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

That points to the issue at hand. Adams should have never been on the roster to begin with. It points to the direct neglect of the position which still baffles me. I fail to understand why Reggie under values the LB position. I can't wrap my head around being gift wrapped a top 10 prospect in Foster falling into your laps at a need position and ignoring it. I don't know about Fosters personal issues, etc. I just know that he's a straight up hitter with elite closing speed. And he was looking like a difference maker prior to injury. 

While I agree that RM misshandled the LB position, I don't think Conley was a wrong pick over Foster.

CB was also a need and CB is a premium position. Foster had injury concerns, Conley not.

This sucks that Conley is battling with this shin injury, but this was not expected obviously. I still think we will be fine with this pick.

I think the problem was not signing Z.Brown, who could have been a reliable veteran presence next to James. We could have rotated Lee and James next to him for run and pass downs.

On the bright side Lee seems like a solid 2 down LB, Morrow seems like a solid cover LB and James can be also a solid LB when healthy. Now Bowman could give us a solid veteran presence and can teach the young guys a lot about reading O's and communication.

While RM made a mistake with the MLB spot, our season is not in jeopardy because of that move.

We have this record because our O took some big steps backwards. That falls on Downing and mostly on JDR IMO. He should never made this Musgrave-Downing change. 

44 minutes ago, Rolni said:

While I agree that RM misshandled the LB position, I don't think Conley was a wrong pick over Foster.

CB was also a need and CB is a premium position. Foster had injury concerns, Conley not.

This sucks that Conley is battling with this shin injury, but this was not expected obviously. I still think we will be fine with this pick.

I think the problem was not signing Z.Brown, who could have been a reliable veteran presence next to James. We could have rotated Lee and James next to him for run and pass downs.

On the bright side Lee seems like a solid 2 down LB, Morrow seems like a solid cover LB and James can be also a solid LB when healthy. Now Bowman could give us a solid veteran presence and can teach the young guys a lot about reading O's and communication.

While RM made a mistake with the MLB spot, our season is not in jeopardy because of that move.

We have this record because our O took some big steps backwards. That falls on Downing and mostly on JDR IMO. He should never made this Musgrave-Downing change. 

I love Reggie but not signing Zach Brown can’t be defended imo especially after what he signed for. Taking Conley no prob having Brown in the fold 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Conley was the better prospect and pick, period. That he would be injured early couldn't have been foreseen. Foster, on the other hand, could and low and behold he has played one game as well and did look like a difference maker at all. Didn't even show promise like Conley did. Our real misfortune was Davis going before we picked.

1 hour ago, SimonGruber said:

I love Reggie but not signing Zach Brown can’t be defended imo especially after what he signed for. Taking Conley no prob having Brown in the fold 

You weren't in the negotiations and every team lowballed Brown. So every gm should be taken to task for that OR they know something we don't. This kind of revisionist judgement is sloppy.

46 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

You weren't in the negotiations and every team lowballed Brown. So every gm should be taken to task for that OR they know something we don't. This kind of revisionist judgement is sloppy.

Just let me armchair gm in peace NTL lol I guess I’m fired up because I saw our team as the perfect landing spot 

1 minute ago, SimonGruber said:

Just let me armchair gm in peace NTL lol I guess I’m fired up because I saw our team as the perfect landing spot 

You don't think I was pissed he wasn't signed here. I spent the previous 2 years being his cheerleader and saying we should and would (in mock offseasons mind you) sign him. I was that guy.

50 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You guys are acting like Zach Brown had no choice in the matter. If I recall, he's an SC native, he preferred to be closer to home. 

If you were referring to me that isn't my intention. It's in fact the opposite. Brown visited 4 different teams before accepting the Washington 3mil 1year deal and fired his agents part way thru. We don't know what the offers were or how his ego or pride or agents poor handling of the situations affected the process. I was just saying loved him for awhile and was sad we didn't get him. I don't blame Reggie at all as the signs point to his FA process was a cluster****.

21 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Conley was the better prospect and pick, period. That he would be injured early couldn't have been foreseen. Foster, on the other hand, could and low and behold he has played one game as well and did look like a difference maker at all. Didn't even show promise like Conley did. Our real misfortune was Davis going before we picked.

That's a coin flip and you know it. I like Conley's game, but Foster was as highly touted a LB as their has been in awhile. The book on him was a potential shoulder lingering and some attitude. You did watch Foster in preseason right? He was the talk of that team, showing elite closing speed to the ball and excellent coverage. 

Archived