Bowman signs with the Raiders

NightTrainLane

Apparently he played 90% of the snaps and was relaying calls. I know we all viewed him as a 2 down LB, and we only had 3 active LBs today so we didn't have a choice.... But does change our view of what he can do? Maybe a little more than we thought. Too bad he can't run 

11 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Apparently he played 90% of the snaps and was relaying calls. I know we all viewed him as a 2 down LB, and we only had 3 active LBs today so we didn't have a choice.... But does change our view of what he can do? Maybe a little more than we thought. Too bad he can't run 

Yeah I started to change my opinion watching some of his games this season, he's not good in coverage but he doesn't suck either because he has great instincts. He's coming off an Achilles's injury so he might improve as the season goes. He's excellent in run d and blitzing though the way he bends into running lanes and avoids blockers is a thing of beauty. With our current linebacker situation he's a every down player hands down.

4 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

hes only 29 so he still has a good 3 years left imo

He isn't 15x better than James IMO. But I do like how he plays and I'm pumped that we have a leader to help the young guys this year. It will only make them better. He bounced off Hunt and Kelce a few times instead of wrapping and  making tackles and, of course, the TD to Kelce early but overall played a good game.

Just now, NightTrainLane said:

He isn't 15x better than James IMO. But I do like how he plays and I'm pumped that we have a leader to help the young guys this year. It will only make them better. He bounced off Hunt and Kelce a few times instead of wrapping and  making tackles and, of course, the TD to Kelce early but overall played a good game.

In fairness, how many ILBs can cover the best TE in the NFL on a corner route. 

15 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

In fairness, how many ILBs can cover the best TE in the NFL on a corner route. 

I know one for sure that can't. If he had better lateral quickness he may have been able to get in position. Smith had a nice big window because Bowman was completely flat footed. That was what we all knew though coming into this. He would struggle in coverage. He just missed more tackles than I thought as well.

Archived