7 Rounder With Trades (Update Post SF/Mia/Phi Trades 03/30/2021)

goldfishwars

2 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

I dont know, he had a pretty great work out athletically. Perhaps that showed untapped potential there.

His film shows him struggling to make it to the 2nd level.  I am sure he is a good pass blocker and can cover a gap on either side of him but beyond that, he struggles.  There are very few athletic centers in this draft.

53 minutes ago, jebrick said:

His film shows him struggling to make it to the 2nd level.  I am sure he is a good pass blocker and can cover a gap on either side of him but beyond that, he struggles.  There are very few athletic centers in this draft.

Yeah, the good testing doesn't really show up on film with him at the second level - I would agree. 

On 3/13/2021 at 10:19 AM, goldfishwars said:

Kansas City
 1 31. Samuel Cosmi [ OT ] Texas
 2 63. Rondale Moore [ WR ] Purdue
 3 95. Josh Myers [ IOL ] Ohio State
 4 137. Derrick Barnes [ LB ] Purdue
 4 145. Darius Stills [ IDL ] West Virginia
 5 176. Tre Brown [ CB ] Oklahoma
 5 182. Chauncey Golston [ EDGE ] Iowa

There was a big change today. The Chiefs re-signed one of their FA WR--Demarcus Robinson. 31 year old SS Dan Sorensen signed a 1 year deal. 

If Walker Little is there are #94, he's the pick. That said, the team has shown interest in Paris Ford and Hamsah Nasirildeen. That is where they slot. 

J

On 3/13/2021 at 11:19 AM, goldfishwars said:

26. Cleveland  - Jayson Oweh [ EDGE ] Penn State

28. New Orleans  - Zaven Collins [ LB ] Tulsa
29. Green Bay  - Caleb Farley [ CB ] Virginia Tech

32. Tampa Bay  - Christian Barmore [ IDL ] Alabama

JMHO, but it's hard to foresee the Browns passing on any one of these 3 other guys for such a raw prospect like Oweh, especially when their FO values college production and multiple years of production from big name programs at that. 

JMHO

On 3/13/2021 at 10:19 AM, goldfishwars said:

Kansas City 
1 31. Alex Leatherwood [ OT ] Alabama
 2 63. Elijah Moore [ WR ] Ole Miss
 3 95. Payton Turner [ EDGE ] Houston
 4 137. Robert Jones [ IOL ] Middle Tennessee
 4 145. Chazz Surratt [ LB ] North Carolina
 5 176. Tedarrell Slaton [ IDL ] Florida
 5 182. Shi Smith [ WR ] South Carolina

Like it, don't love it.

Where as i don't hate or dislike the actual players we got and think they are good guys in general.  I do have a bit of a gripe on Kwity Paye in the 1st round after the trade down.  Paye where as he is a good athlete for his size is not a solid fit for a 3-4 olb or a 3-4 DE which is where we would have to put him.  We don't run a 4-3 defense anymore after choosing Peas as the DC.   If we were still a 4-3 like under Quinn i would be all over Paye for us as a edge rusher at 15.    The problems i have with Paye for us right now are 93% of his snaps came from a hand in the dirt downed lineman and the majority of his successful rushes came on the inside compared to the outside.   Both of those things scream a monster player for the 4-3 with very little experience standing up in a 3-4 and even less success doing so.    I would personally go with a more all around Edge rusher/LB plus a better prospect as far as BPA goes  with Micah Parsons there as he just seems a much better fit for the team going forward.   As said this is not to say i don't like Paye i think he will be a great 4-3 DE at the next level i just feel he would be put in a scheme for him not to reach his potential with us.

As for round 2 i dont have a problem at all with Richie thats a great pick there but i would swap Stokes with Javontae Williams at RB there and not think twice about it.  I view Williams as one of if not the most complete RB's in this draft and possibly the best RB when it's all said and done at the next level.  Sermons ok but to me he's not in the same ballpark as Williams is.   Then i would replace  browning with Cisco at Safety and just double down on the Safety position with 2 very good players and i feel at 6'1 210 Cisco could be a good SS with Grant being the FS then go best CB available in round 4. 

#15 - Parsons - LB/Edge
2A - Williams - RB
2B - Grant - FS
3rd - Cisco - SS
4th - best CB or LG available your choice.

I would prefer Farely in this first for the Saints if he falls that far. CB2 is our biggest hole currently and if his medicals don't scare the Saints away I think they take him. We could fill our hole at LB in the 2nd/3rd with someone like Jamin Davis.

Kansas City 
1 31. Alex Leatherwood [ OT ] Alabama
 2 63. Elijah Moore [ WR ] Ole Miss
 3 95. Payton Turner [ EDGE ] Houston
 4 137. Robert Jones [ IOL ] Middle Tennessee
 4 145. Chazz Surratt [ LB ] North Carolina
 5 176. Tedarrell Slaton [ IDL ] Florida
 5 182. Shi Smith [ WR ] South Carolina

Events have caught up with your revision. 

• Leatherwood - I have to wonder about this with Radunz, Cosmi and Mayfield all on the board. Radunz at least played LT.
  • Moore -  The team seems to be positioning for another draft with only UDFA. No less than 10 WR currently under contract. Ossai is the obvious pick in any case. 
  • Turner - You can leave this even with Ossai. Doubling down on Edge is a good idea. If you go a different direction, Tremble (their FB retired) or McGrone. 
  • Jones - Signing Thuney, Long and Blythe sinks this one. Double down on DE such as Smith or Odeyingbo.
  • Surrat - Not a bad pick. You could go with McKitty
  • Slaton -  Another non-starter because of recent signings. BPA works. WR is fine at this stage, a run support S is needed, big RB, coverage LB, LB/S hybrid, IOL
  • Smith -  As with Slaton, WR works this late 

J