Would you pay Baker $40 million a year right now?

ReggieCamp

What would you do with Baker?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with Baker?

• Pay him now. $40 million a year will be a bargain down the road.
    • Wait a year. If he plays great next year, pay him. If we have to pay more than 40, so be it.
    • Wait multiple years (5th year, franchise tag, etc.). Keep our options open as long as possible.

The franchise is going to have to be about him. We’ve gotta go all in no matter what. It’s gonna cost us great players that we end up letting go of due to $$$$. 

What does Baker need more: offensive line or skill position talent? He can’t have both and expect to have a semi competent defense.

16 hours ago, candyman93 said:

The franchise is going to have to be about him. We’ve gotta go all in no matter what. It’s gonna cost us great players that we end up letting go of due to $$$$. 

What does Baker need more: offensive line or skill position talent? He can’t have both and expect to have a semi competent defense.

I think we’ve seen he just needs time and a clean pocket to be successful.

Keep drafting value guys day 2/3 and sign some bargain guys who fill specific roles (Perriman for example) and keep the OL intact.

That stud OL will keep the running game productive as well.

I’d move on from OBJ now (but it doesn’t look like the FO agrees) sign Perriman to add deep speed and use the rest of that money where it could be more impactful.  I’d look to draft someone then day 2.